Current Daihatsu models

A Fellow please. But not just one, a swag of them. One original, one space frame mid mount bike engine…

Or a new Mira or an Esse (because it’s so bizzare and bland). I have quite enjoyed reading the pdf on them and looking at the wild options. An Esse in blue please, with all the blue interior highlights.

3 Likes

Amid many dull vehicles at the 2017 Tokyo was one make that punched above its belt and eschewed the trend to bring/push EV and automomous cars to this years show.

I give you the Daihatsu DN Compagno

Note it’s intended market is for those about to retire whom want to still have fun in life.

6 Likes

I actually really like this out of all the crap to come out 2017.

2 Likes

2017 Production summary

1 Like

Daihatsu Concept being shown in 2018

Damn I like that DN Compano.

3 Likes

Some how I missed the release of this Boon Sporza last year. Said to be a “car for women”? Well everyone’s missus should have one, “honey, I’m taking your car - again!”.

5 Likes

A kick back to a 2013 concept vehicle.

2 Likes

Electric 1+1 Daihatsu Pico concept

http://www.carbodydesign.com/2011/11/daihatsu-pico-concept/

2 Likes

Daihatsu Mira Tocot

A three-cylinder 660 CC aspirated (52 HP, 60 Nm) in combination with the CVT, front-or all-wheel drive. The top awd model is about $11 000 (prob US dollars).

In an unusual name Tocot encrypted phrase To Character (“character”), Comfortableness (“comfort”) and To Convenience (“convenience”). The Japanese claim that the design was attracted by a group of ladies, working in various departments Daihatsu: their ideas have helped to make the machine simple, but beautiful, comfortable and safe. That is suitable for a relaxed and confident driving.

1 Like

I think i really like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aesthetically it works well and has a shape that will endure. Two door for me please (I don’t think they do one).

I will take the 4 door :slight_smile:

I’d have a four door too. Kind of want a 2dr van and one of these would be a great basis.

1 Like

The DN Compano hits all the right spots with me too.

Copen owner but I’d trade in a heartbeat.

Currently considering a Wake as they’ve recently arrived in Sydney…

the Tocot looks like an updated version of the L500 Classic which has been really starting to grow on me lately due to it’s quirky looks. A good set of wheels and a two tone paint job would have this really going off i reckon.

Last year’s Indonesian Car Show

DN-F sedan (I hope it gets a better name than “did not finish” or that if does get built).

And some “little 'uns”

2 Likes

and some not so new.

The Fellow Buggy from 1970-76

or an early Hijet (I’d not seen this one with square lights until now)

3 Likes

For a 2016 engine, Daihatsu had an alternator that has variable charge rates. Minimal charge while accelerating and max charge while braking so the engine helps a bit more to slow you down. This would be very nice on my diesel.

3 Likes

For 2019 there was a D-CVT: a new split-gear CVT system

D-CVT (Dual mode CVT) is the world’s first split-gear CVT system*.
D-CVT combines belt drive with a high transmission-efficiency gear drive, improving fuel efficiency, acceleration feel, and quietness.

It seems to use the belts as friction units to smooth out the gear changes and to rev match the gears.

3 Likes

June 2019 KF Engine 659cc

Power, fuel efficiency, low exhaust emissions, quietness—the KF engine realizes all these qualities to the highest degree.
The engine adopts a multi-spark ignition for the first* time in Japan, as well as improved “swirl” fuel-injection methods for more efficient combustion.

The above Daihatsu Esse run a KF DET Turbo manual. (there is a DVVT turbo model, but not sure if this car above has such). The KF is mostly found in things like the new Move and I had been yet to see a performance version in something a bit more sporty. And this is it.

5 Likes