Current Daihatsu models

Last year’s Indonesian Car Show

DN-F sedan (I hope it gets a better name than “did not finish” or that if does get built).

And some “little 'uns”

2 Likes

and some not so new.

The Fellow Buggy from 1970-76

or an early Hijet (I’d not seen this one with square lights until now)

3 Likes

For a 2016 engine, Daihatsu had an alternator that has variable charge rates. Minimal charge while accelerating and max charge while braking so the engine helps a bit more to slow you down. This would be very nice on my diesel.

3 Likes

For 2019 there was a D-CVT: a new split-gear CVT system

D-CVT (Dual mode CVT) is the world’s first split-gear CVT system*.
D-CVT combines belt drive with a high transmission-efficiency gear drive, improving fuel efficiency, acceleration feel, and quietness.

It seems to use the belts as friction units to smooth out the gear changes and to rev match the gears.

3 Likes

June 2019 KF Engine 659cc

Power, fuel efficiency, low exhaust emissions, quietness—the KF engine realizes all these qualities to the highest degree.
The engine adopts a multi-spark ignition for the first* time in Japan, as well as improved “swirl” fuel-injection methods for more efficient combustion.

The above Daihatsu Esse run a KF DET Turbo manual. (there is a DVVT turbo model, but not sure if this car above has such). The KF is mostly found in things like the new Move and I had been yet to see a performance version in something a bit more sporty. And this is it.

5 Likes