JC050's 91 Charade G102 - Road & Track

Hi all … im Adha from malaysia … nice to know you all
. Can anyone help me … i want to ask about pillow ball mount (front) for g100… what type of car model that semilar with g100 front mount? Im new here
#Charademakefriends

I don’t have pillow ball mounts on this car - there may be some other forum members who could help.

Yeah, so I just spent 2 hours reading your write-up instead of working - great job! I really, really mean it!
I should be getting 1.3 Charade next month, which I plan to rebuild before driving, and in here I found so much stuff that I can use engine wise!
When talking suspension - both of my g100s had horrible understeer due to dying springs and shocks. I bought KYB gas shocks and fitted them with (let’s say) -50mm sport springs, and now I find it very hard to make it understeer on dry tarmac.
Keep up the good job!

1 Like

hey JC050 do you have any sort of measurements or anything i could replicate that crank position sensor you made up to run the individual coil packs on this at all ?
wouldnt mind going individual coils eventually once turboed in my g102

look up yellowspeed coilovers for g100

Hi Michael I have detailed drawings I used to get the VR sensor bracket and the trigger wheel lasercut - if that is of interest send me a PM.

1 Like

Been a while since I posted…

I blew 2nd on my gearbox in 2019 - I managed to pick up another box thankfully. I really like the gear ratios on the G102 gearbox - nice and low.

Got some Yokohama Advan AD08R tyres - these are amazing. Grip in the dry is just so good. Wet is good too and they are quiet for a performance tyre.

Last weekend I took part in a Autocross event - the car ran incredibly well.

I posted these on the FB forum - but for those who aren’t on that see video links below - one is from the outside, the other onboard:

8 Likes

jc050, can we text on whatsapp or any other? i got a lot of question to ask :sweat_smile: btw im from malaysia, i really interested with this h series engine

Ivan Tighe 1185C billet cam left 270 degrees duration
Stock H-Series cam right 230 degree duration

WIll be doing a comprehensive measure up over the weekend

4 Likes

They are some thick thick lobes

1 Like

Cam angle vs lift checking on the Ivan Tighe 1185c cam in my old engine block

2 Likes

Valve lift vs Cam angle chart - this is measured at the valve.

For comparison I have included the the cam I have run for several years , the Camtech Stage 2 regrind and also a stock Detomaso cam.

The 1185c has far more lift, duration and overlap - its going to be interesting to see the difference. I’m sure top end power will be improved, just be interesting to see how drivability is at lower rpm.

5 Likes

I didn’t really notice any drivability issues. It had much more torque then a 1.3 anyway.