My Charade g200 Project

Sooo after some trial and error me and my dad got the engine running.

Engine got right in and all engine mounts bolted straight on. we started connecting everything. Most things were obvious and easy to find and only had to solder one plug over.
After everything was connected it was time for fluids, here we’re refilling the gearbox oil.
Now it was time to start the engine, it almost did but wouldn’t turn over, after some looking around we found that the water pump wasn’t moving because i used bolts which were too long, lesson learned. :roll_eyes:
Now with that fixed the engine started in one go and ran nicely but with a rather high RPM (about 2000) after some time it goes down but it does this on a cold start. The engine is running so let’s go for a drive right? Not yet. Found out that i ordered the wrong CV joints, they were the hole which goes over the axle was 1mm too big. put the put 1 original one back and a new (to me) axle on the other side and after that it’s driving!
The car drives great! it’s less lazy at the lower RPM’s and stronger in general. still need to fix the exhaust, we half the applause exhaust on it temporarily. only have the center muffler as of now. (which actually sounds really good…) but it’s mounted with some ti-wraps.

The engine runs good while driving and when it’s started but when i come to a stop the rpm’s start floating quite a lot, is there something i can do about this? applause throttle body on charade manifold? different ECU? the applause ECU made a fuse blow so that’s not going to work but i found a detomaso ECU for sale… or maybe it’s possible to adjust things on the engine itself?

Next things will be fixing the exhaust and getting a strut bar to stiffen up the chassis a bit.

4 Likes