November 8th Qld Trackday at Lakeside Raceway

G’day folks, we’re back at Lakeside for another awesome day of racing the clock. November 8th at 12 noon for sign on. 12:30 drivers briefing and first cars on track at 1pm.

Cost will be $100 plus the clubman licence, which is $20. The $100 will be due to me 2 weeks before the event.

The group will be live on the Qld Raceways calendar this week, so you are welcome to book in soon.

All cars must be road registered, as it is a street sprint event. We are trying to get as many Dais on track as possible. I will let everyone know when it is opened up to other makes.

Spectators: unsure of this. Watch this space.

All drivers must have a clubman racers licence purchased from Qld Raceways ($20), wear an Australian Standard Helmet, long sleeves, jeans/pants and closed in shoes.

If it’s your first time, the first step is to create an account here: https://racers.world/login?fbclid=IwAR0s6nZ19Zr8OtFWGbvopEs_kyc75b9QV_M_iAhDm-kosYMZi6OslL56xo4

5 Likes

Awesome post and I might come along, shit in fact I am very excited after reading it. Can I suggest that you put times in the first line as I can’t see it anywhere? I am a n00b and only just saw the date in the OP.

All good. I added it anyway. :+1:t2:

1 Like

The events section now features a calender that supports time zones.

It’s part of the title, I’ve updated it for you :+1:

2 Likes

That reads a lot better KUDOS. So if I just ignore the missus I have 4 months to get track ready.

1 Like

@FrAsErTaG :astonished: that’s cool! Thank you.

@BoldEagle Track ready is a relative term. We’ve had completely stock L2s and L251s on track and we’ve had monsters like LSP and Cupcake. Both types of track ready are welcome and have their place. It’s just about having fun in your car in a safe environment.

1 Like

To be clear I meant it in a ‘relative term’ as well - this is our daily driver but also our only car. Will come and watch for the first time out

2 Likes

If anyone is planning on coming on track for this event, please ensure you have purchased your clubman licence and booked in for the event on racers.world/login , as if we have space left a month out from the event I will up entries to all makes a models.

2 Likes

First post is updated. New date is Nov 7th

1 Like

so do we enter the street sprints on their event calender or is there a special thing? sorry just purchased the licence for this and wasn’t sure on the rest of the doings on their website

There will be a Daihatsu group set up in the street sprint event by Friday hopefully. Once that is open you just need to enter that group. There should be no cost in entering the Dai group.

1 Like

Sweet, keen as to meet all you guys and gals down south :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have 5 spots left for this sprint event! In about 5 weeks, I will open it up to other small cars if we don’t have all the spots filled by Dais!

1 Like

Slim chance I could make it with the old wagon.

1 Like

can we do a massive fix to get the mira running?

1 Like

Not in five weeks. Perhaps if my place was not a construction site. Four accow props holding the house up, 2000mm plus deep by 450dia post holes and 9000mm of 450x450mm trenches about to get steel work done. And cement to go in three weeks from now. Four weeks from now Leonie wants to go away for a week. With the foundation done and a wall up I hope to get onto the Mira

2 Likes

all good I knew you had heaps of stuff on as your always a busy man. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

from what I have read on facebook there is only 2 spots left for this event.

1 Like

Correct. 2 spots left at this stage. Hoping Sarge gets in quick, as he has been doing track day prep, but hasn’t booked in yet.

1 Like

All spots are now full and we have 100% dais. If we can get 15 Dais on track that will be the first time we’ve have all spots taken by Daihatsus

2 Likes