Sirion M100 Brake pad upgrade

I have never been on a track but always have brake fade on my way home from work in my sirion.
I have gone the other route. I have a set of slotted/drilled discs I’m going to fit with the cheapest Pagid brake pads I could find. It was suggested to me by a friend of mine. I am hoping to swap for a higher quality sets of pads. Maybe a set of EBC low dust pads as my wheels are white when I have the funds.

I would love to do a rear disk conversion but I have no idea where to start.

No problem mate, i actually enjoyed reading this and eventough i dont respond every time, i read it all.

I’ve heard allot and learned allot because of this discussion.

If i had to put a closer on this thread id say:
-Go to japan for aftermarket brake parts.
-Upgrading the rear brakes has allot of options, depending on driving style, build, usage and mostly personal preference.

This is a great comunity with allot of different voices, wich makes it extremly fun and educational!

Thanks for all the help and support!

Ps. Build log comming soon!

3 Likes

Would you just need the calipers and rotors from the sirion or do you need anything else to fit the l700?

I have no personal expirence, but all i heard is that its a bolt on swap so yes. Only rotors and calibers (with brackets ofc). Pads are ofc also different. Brakes from the sirion or yrv are the same.

1 Like

From memory it is just a bolt on of rotor and caliper. I used the whole M100 hub though.