Track-Ready Sirion GTvi - South Australia

Hi All,

Unfortunately, the time has come to sell my Sirion - a 2000 M101S Daihatsu Sirion GTvi 1.3L K3VE2 manual in arguably the best colour - apple green - with about 180k kms.

It has been a reliable track car since ~2017, modified in various steps to improve upon the platform.
The quickest it has been around Mallala was a 1:29.67 - with a theoretical best of 1:29.0 (piecing together the fastest sectors from Race Chrono).

It has been parked up since late 2022 when I moved to Brunei and despite best intentions of coming back for track days , the time and cost required is too prohibitive. It is a lot of fun on the track with the lightweight chassis and LSD ensuring a lot of grip through and out of corners. It has the ability to surprise a few people. Handling can be further improved with bigger calipers/rotors, stiffer rear springs and tweaks to the handling. And of course, the engine could be refreshed or modified with 3SZ parts.

I am to sell this during the 1st week of November, as I will be visiting Adelaide - so will be available to view then.

Asking price is $5,000 and of course is negotiable with items being able to be included/removed from the sale.

Modifications:

• Coilovers & Guard Rolling (BC Racing w/camber bolts)
  • Wheels & Tyres (‘SSR 265’ 15x6.5+34 and Advan A052 195/50/15)
  • C-pillar Brace
  • Supersprint 4-1 Headers
  • BRAVE 2" exhaust - rear section is modified to clear the rear sway bar
  • Copen Factory rotors, Copen Factory calipers, Dixcel Z-Type Pads, D-Sport Braided Lines, Motul RBF600
  • D-Sport 1.5 way LSD
  • Copen 5.545 lower Final Drive
  • Arospeed lightweight pulley
  • Gates Acc belt
  • Throttle Body coolant loop removed
  • Various Siberian Bushings - Front Sway Bar, Front Control Arm, Rear Torsion Bar
  • Ultra Racing rear sway bar
  • Custom 2 1/8" (54mm) intake (throttle body ID) and DNA Motorbike Air Filter and Air Feed from Front Chrome Trim (a factory non-modified trim is also included)
  • Storia Rear Garnish
  • Fire Extinguisher & Mount (likely out of date)
  • Aftermarket Headunit & Front Speakers
  • Dark Tint
  • Fullriver HC20 Battery Relocated under front passenger seat w/ circuit breaker (will be brand new)
  • Near new radiator installed and removed “coolant loop” to the throttle body.

Additional parts:

• Rally2 cams in box
  • JDM Storia Touring ECU that may or may not unlock more power (doesn’t work immediate on plugging in due to immobiliser - presume there is a way around that, like hard-wire the fuel pump, but never took it further)
  • Compact Motorsport larger front brake dogbones
  • Various Factory and non-factory parts not installed but would go with the car; D-Sport rotors in Factory sirion size (smaller than the copen ones), Factory brake setup, Stock intake parts, Factory front diff & Final Drive. Factory Rims & Tyres. Rear wiper/motor/etc.
  • Extra foglights and headlight that I was butchering for brake ducts and air intake.
  • Recaro Seat Rail (do note the Recaro Drivers seat will not be included)

Car has had the insurance and rego maintained and ends 3/3/2025.

The forum thread for the car is here:
https://livetodai.com/t/track-day-gtvi-south-australia/

Extra Info:

• Dyno’d once in 2019 with 56.1kw and 195nM
  • The roof’s clear coat is faded/gone, but it is pretty uniform and doesn’t look patchy.
  • The Front bonnet emblem is missing and a few dents on the leading edge of the bonnet.
  • Badges have been removed from the rear
  • Whilst most of the minor work, routine service and track prep has been done by myself - the major / important bits (ie LSD install, timing belt) have been done by EP Performance and Mechanical in Salisbury.
  • The engine does burn oil, which is common for the K3’s. However with the frequent oil changes, frequent spark plug changes, running good synthetic oil, and ensuring it’s always topped up (even during the track days), it hasn’t skipped a beat out there.
  • With the lower final drive (and LSD), the acceleration is greatly improved. However this means it is doing around 4k rpm at 110km/h in 5th. It is not a ‘long distance cruiser’.
  • This is a non-Air Con from factory - perfect for the track
2 Likes

All the best with the sale. I’d say it’s an absolute bargain for such a great build on one of the best ever Dais (not for me though as alas, I am downsizing).

2 Likes

Deposit Received.

A sad time overall that I won’t be able to continue the battle with my good friends in Adelaide.
However, feeling positive about the sale. It’s going to someone who, like a lot of us, has been bitten by the Dai-bug and also someone who will continue on the track focus of this Sirion.

I’m sure this won’t be my last Daihatsu, I am always on the lookout for one here in Brunei to play around with, but I’m short on car space at the property I live in…but you never know!

The entire Live to Dai community and also the Daihatsu community as a whole in Adelaide has been excellent, a lot of knowledge by people that are willing to share that knowledge and a respectful group as a whole.

4 Likes

One of the best car communities in the world and prob the best forum in the universe. :grinning:

5 Likes

sad to see you dai less but as you say never say never. It is all the member’s that make our community and forum what it is and you both are a big part of that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes