Yellow speed coilovers

Gormsby is 100% right about a cheaper set of shocks and springs will perform far better than a cheap set of coilovers the same price…

In saying that you need to work out what you want from your suspension, if you are just cruising around on the street and want the car to be super low and don’t really care about ride comfort then find the cheapest coilovers you can and bolt those in.

However if super lowness isn’t the key and you are going to be either tracking your car or just want a more comfy ride, then a good set of koni’s with eibach Springs or whatever will feel infinitely better…

I had maybe 5 different sets of coilovers in my 180 over the last 6 years and I can tell you they all felt relatively the same except for the high end jap stuff… Eventually I ditched it all and ran koni yellows with eibach Springs and my times dropped immensely on the track…

3 Likes

I run Gab HA series coilovers in my g102. they were made for a g200 though so strut bolt holes need a camber bolt otherwise you end up with positive camber in the rear of the car.
But these coilovers feel a lot nicer then the 1 inch lowered king springs and kyb shocks i had for the g102 in the first place.
Used to feel like the car would run into speed bumps etc on the kings and going to the coilovers it is still harsh compared to stock standard but it rolls over nicer then feeling like it just ran into bumps etc

What does “feel nicer” mean? Do you know what rate the King springs were? And the rate of the Gab? A Gab damper is probably better than a kyb - an elastomer damper would probably be better than a kyb.

well exactly that. you dont feel like the suspension is about to tear off from under the car. it actually absorbs the shock.
Couldnt tell you what spring rates they are they are just off the shelf king springs so whatever they made them to (best off contacting king springs for that)
Cant find much info on the Gab coilovers either as they are malaysian built