2001 Cuore

G’day all. I’ve recently acquired a 2001 Daihatsu Cuore and am progressively making it mine. I’m currently in the process of finding replacement bushings for the sub frame (recommendations welcome) and replacing old and worn bits and bobs. I’m awaiting a Daihatsu Tanto Momo steering wheel which I’m hoping will fit also.

I’m planning to use it as a daily and a hill climb/motorkhana car. I took it for its first hills run the other day and the new Nankang tyres and stiffer suspension worked a treat.

Thinking of upgrading the exhaust as well as the old one is rusted and falling apart.

9 Likes

Welcome Zac, Looks like your already having fun in the L7. Well done Dai’s are driven by smiles per hour :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool looking L7 you have Zac. Nice to see another SA member.

2 Likes

Welcome. I’d look at solid mounting the subframe if you are going to be doing hillclimb, motokhana and such.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the suggestion. Do you recommend that for structural integrity or for handling/rigidity?

1 Like

It will stiffen the chassis. Plus the K frame won’t be moving about independently of the chassis. This will make handling more predictable. I used/machined up some delrin for this as it should end up getting some “set” or find it’s spot by molding in a bit over time (re nip the nuts/bolts a little ).

1 Like

Zac if you can get some delrin and bring over a sample to my house, I can turn them up on my lathe free of charge. To be honest it would be great to have Daihatsu related company to talk shit to.

4 Likes

That sounds great Dale. I’m not much of a mechanic myself so a Daihatsu enthusiast who’s able to point me in the right direction on some things would be ideal. The subframe mounts are a bit shod so this sounds like a good way to replace and improve them.

2 Likes