3SZ-VE gear ratios

Greetings everyone, may I ask if anyone knows the gear ratios of 3SV-VE manual transmission? And a solution to prevent gear breaking again.

I had 2 gearbox replacement in just 1 years .

Thanks in advance.

What engine are you running? As I understand it, Daihatsu gearboxes tolerate high revs well, but not high power or torque. If you are running a turbocharged engine especially - where torque will come on fairly low in the rev range - and if modified to give increased boost then you will blow up manual gearboxes.

One option would be to buy a racing gearset from Compact Motorsport, their gearsets are designed to take much more power/torque and are available in a variety of ratios depending on application. They are well regarded, especially in racing, but are not cheap.

The other option is an automatic gearbox, these are much more robust. For example the YRV Turbo with 130bhp only came with an automatic, partly because the manual gearboxes just couldn’t cope with the engine output.

The other option would be looking into a Sadev or similar sequential racing gearbox, but you will need seriously deep pockets for one of those!

To answer the original question, this seems to be a useful resource:

Possibly C56?

1 Like

Hello , thank you for all your answers and solutions. I’m now running a 1.5 litre 3SZ-VE engine with turbo now. I did blown up 1 transmission while my car is still NA . After I boosted it then now ended up another blown transmission . I was thinking about 4AGE C56 manual transmission conversion too but my mechanic said that there are many parts to modify . Do you know any parts do I need to modify to fit into my car ?

[quote=“Granger, post:2, topic:6436”]…The other option is an automatic gearbox, these are much more robust. For example the YRV Turbo with 130bhp only came with an automatic, partly because the manual gearboxes just couldn’t cope with the engine output…[/quote]In previous applications, dual-pitch torque converters boosted acceleration considerably. But were discontinued because limited demand caused the manufacturer of these to not justify the further production of these and because emissions legislation spelled the end of performance car production in the market where such vehicles were once popular.
Their function isn’t complicated and it may be possible to have one of these custom made. You would be essentially getting an 8-speed 2nd generation Daihatsu automatic and a six-speed first, through conversion. Producing these in higher numbers would, of course, reduce their price. It’s only a matter of demand: