A little introduction

Been waiting for one, sweet! Might join in as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A little update

I’ve traded in my other car for another l700 cuore a blue one this time.

This one has got a full year of APK left. She does need some love as well. They’ve welded in some parts due to rust. But while welding in right front wheel arch they must have forgot to put a wet towel on the interior. As part of the carpet and panels caught on fire leaving some melted plastic behind. It also melted away the insulation on the wiring harnes leaving the copper wires exposed. I have a strong feeling this is also the reason why the fuel level sensor is working as is presumably shorted to ground.

Given this being a pre facelift xti spec there isnt much wiring in the back I should be able to reinsulate the wiring and get it in working order.

And for the green cuore some parts have arrived for a cylinderhead rebuild including some special tools. I will keep you guys updated on that in a new project thread

2 Likes

Heerhugowaard?
Not far from where i am!

And welkom to live to dai!

1 Like

I’m from Broek op Langedijk and I have a large shared unit in Slootdorp I work on my cars :sweat_smile:

Farewell

After sitting on the backburner for a while decided to give a little update on the green l700. The engine swap did some time ago didn’t last as the DVVT actuator broke and decided to ruin the engine completely. There was a lot of metal in the oil and it was burning it fast.

As you can see in the picture the metal pedals used to vary the camtiming have been eating the outer ring and becoming dislodged. Causing metal shavings and a nasty rattle in the cilinderhead. So this wasn’t great motivation to keep the project going.

A top of that there was rust. And when I say rust I’m talking about the whole left wheel arch being gone. Together with some rust under the fuel filler pipes. So after taking some the nice and useable parts to transplant them to a new project (my current daily) it was time to say goodbye. And in the dark we brought her to the scrapper to be recycled in the next week.

On a lighter note it was this day I finally got my colleague to buy a cuore L700 as well. I will start a new thread for my new project.

4 Likes