About to buy a mira!

hey guys! super new here, i own a uzz30 v8 toyota soarer so quite different to a little 3 cylinder daihatsu, but i wanted a cool daily and found a l201 J type? (i believe) mira! it has 60,000 origional km’s on the odo (found previous owners and confirmed its legit ks) and is super tidy! if all goes well ill be picking it up in the coming weeks, having trouble finding information though, where is the best place to find info like, what spec mine is, or what engine it has. Thanks guys!

3 Likes

hey mate welcome to the forums, You are here in the best place to find info on your Mira. I am going to guess you are in Australia (please correct me if I am wrong). L201 would have an ed10 carby engine I believe. 60,000 original k’s is rare to find these days. As for J type I guess you may be referring to the J sticker on the side of car. Dont pay much attention to it as It doesn’t really mean much. to confirm engine you have will be on the compliance plates under the bonnet and will tell you if it is an L200 or L201 also, engine codes would typically be ef-el, ed10 or if something else let us all know and we may be able to help identify. There is heaps of info and builds an many daihatsu’s in here so have a good read through the pages. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome. Glad you joined us. Looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing how it goes.