Bought a Mira - in the states. How parts?

Hi everyone, I’ve been stalking this forum for a while before I made my purchase, but then I did it:

It’s wonderful - somehow no rust (as an American in the “rust belt” this is unheard of) - but I think I need new engine mounts. Whole car is a little shaky at a stop.

I’ve found a possible source for aftermarket mounts, but I would love to get my hands on some genuine parts. Does anyone know where I could find genuine parts or how I could get them to the US?

This is now my daily. The Focus rotted on me :frowning: Am I nuts? Anyways, greetings from the US!

3 Likes

[quote=“shanescott, post:1, topic:6852”]…somehow no rust (as an American in the “rust belt” this is unheard of)…[/quote]It’ll stay that way, if you avoid driving on salted roads

1 Like

Winters where I’m at keep getting milder, but sadly - it will probably encounter salt. I’m very tempted to undercoat it in this product that goes on clear and is more like wax than rubber but that would cost $600…

Welcome. A great find in the US. What state are you living in?

The three cyl can be a bit rough at idle, but yeah do check the mounts. Two on the engine and one on the gearbox.

[quote=“shanescott, post:3, topic:6852”]…I’m very tempted to undercoat it…[/quote]Is there any undercoat at all, under there? The ones destined for Europe do indeed have some. Unfortunately, undercoating can be more destructive than to not have any whatsoever, because once a stone chip gets through, the surrounding coating won’t let salt and moisture back out again as fast as it enters. I ended up melting the undercoating off of my wheel wells, simply because that’s where it rusted through. All other rust is just surface rust of which won’t scale, if I keep away from salt. The only other rust-through I’ve experienced is where condense water got trapped. That might just be inherend to the L6 and L5 series. Therefore, might not apply to yours.
Some Daihatsu owners swear by what’s called Fluid-Film of which is sprayed within cavities

I don’t know why this was made in the forsale section. It is now moved to All new users section.
Shanescott hey? I went to school in Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, Australia with a Shane Scott. lol

I’m living in Pennsylvania - I got to thinking that maybe the car might not like the E10-15 blend that comes out of most pumps here. Not sure what other countries do.

Some of the roughness is just the firing order and the phase or degrees of stroke separation.

Over here in Germany, E5 is all we get, unless we opt for E10. I tank up in Switzerland for other reasons, even though their base petrol is also E5. Both haven’t yet posed any problems

1 Like