I gave up on cars for a long time, being an early 20s human who had moved out of home to the big city I decided to rid myself of the cost of car love. I used to have two L700 miras and a 1994 SSS pulsar. My family had a L200 mira growing up aswell!
But here I am, almost 30 and back into little nuggets!
7 months ago i bought a 2008 VW Transporter, an awesome work vehicle and weekender all in one. Unfortunately it was also a lemon so 6months later I passed it on and shared 1 car with my fiancee for a month.
Then came that feeling, that niggly feeling of needing a run around, and also wanting a fun nugget I can mod on the cheap and mess with myself.
In walks a 2004 Purple Daihatsu Mira L251!
This car has an awesome history. Im sure some of you have seen it before.
Built by Isaac who did most mods originally, Harley who i bought it off had done a little more but mainly maintained it.
Here’s some pics of its previous life:
List of mods at purchase:
- Low km engine swapped in (80,000kms approx) (185,000 on odometer)
- 5 speed manual gearbox with new exedy clutch installed 20,000kms ago
- Sirion front brake upgrade, slotted/dimpled rotors, new pads. Front calipers and rear drums painted black with high temp paint
- Oil catch can installed
Wheels + suspension
- coilovers on front with height adjustment and front camber bolts, lowered rear springs.
- mazdaspeed MS03 wheels 15x6.5 + 38 made by Rays japan, centre caps painted gloss black
- Achilles atr-k sport street legal semi slick tyres
Body + Interior
- resprayed in nissan midnight purple LP2
- shaved boot.
- rolled/flared front + rear guards
- refurbished headlights, 5500k bulbs, LED parkers
- crystal side indicators imported from Japan
- front bumper has had grille cut out and custom mesh installed
- factory daihatsu Momo steering wheel from Japan with functioning air bag
- dark tinted windows
It does currently have some issues though:
- rear rubber sping seats are worn out
- paint is a bit rough, rear bumper is mismatched in champagne, had to replace it due to being defected for the old muffler setup.
so far my plans are:
- Replace rear spring seats ✓
- Match the rear bumper ✓
- New headunit ✓
- Component Speakers upfront
- Rear wing
- Change the dash lights
- New interior light
- Woodgrain dash surround/centre console
- Dildo shift knob
- Red lettering on rims
- NSW JDM plates
I replaced the rear spring seats straight away, the left rear spring was mounted incorrectly and caused serious wear and tear on the rubber seat, so it disintegrated.
Replaced them and mounted it correctly so now its great