CB60 -> HC-E Dizzy Mod, Possible?

Question Time
would it be possible to modify a HC-E 1.3L 4cyl Dizzy using a CB60 Dizzy as parts, ie, vacuum advance module, theoretically giving a HC-E dizzy the required timing retarding for boosting like the CB60 has?
would it be that simple ( wishing :laughing:)

Possible yes, distributor or vac advance boost retarded solenoid needs to be machined to fit

1 Like

Can an earlier HC series dizzy with vac advance be used?

1 Like

Yeah thats the one but the CB60 vac unit doesn’t fit in the early HC distributor housing, the measurements are out a few mm. You could drill it out if you feel keen but I would recommend paying someone with a lathe to do the job.

1 Like

Am I crazy? Or does the g200 HC-E dizzy not fit into earlier HC-E heads. The g200 dizzy doesn’t seam to have a vacuum advance. I tried to put one into my g100 HC-E and it felt like it would not fit.

no you aren’t crazy, i looked while at the wreckers today and no vac advance module at all, on a 94 g200 hc-e :frowning: looks like it’s back to the drawing board lolz

Early applause and G102 have the vac advance distributor.

1 Like

I physically couldn’t insert the later model distributor into the older model head. Maybe it was keyed to only work with late model cam? I should investigate this further because it’s kinda odd. I thought all the heads and cams were mostly the same.

1 Like

Measure the opening and the dizzy body first

1 Like