Charade 3cyl to 4cyl swap?

I would look at a rebuild personally I guess but thats me and these engines should be fairly cheap to rebuild even importing parts too I would imagine.
With you already having efi unlke us here it would probably be good to turbo too with a rebuild. that would definately give you a bit more up and go. You wouldn’t find a kit for one over there I imagine (or here these days), but getting bits and pieces and building or getting things made would be a good option. My daughter is currently collecting turbo bits as she goes for when she is on her unrestricted license as she wants to turbo her’s.
Have a look through the daihatsu directory if there is anything that you may be needing there may be a good link in there.

1 Like

Rebuild what you have, dropping compression and adding a small turbo with a piggy back should get you 50-60kw like the factory turbo CB60 motors, definitely a big improvement over the 30 odd kw of the n/a motor. Really would depend on how mild or wild you want to go, the more wild and heavier your right foot, the sooner between rebuilds.

2 Likes