Charade g200 compatible strut mounts

I want to fit some camber plates to my g200, but there are none available for this car.

Does anyone around here know what cars have the same bolt pattern as the g200? For example, could i fit e46 camber plates if i replace the bearings for ones that fit my golf mk2 coilovers wich i’ve currently got on my car? Or does anyone know a different solution? I know that yellowspeed coilovers for the g200 come with camber plates, but they arent sold seperately(as far as i know)

Greetings, Hidde

There are also camber bolts available. Don’t know for sure if they are available for your car but maybe it is a solution?

1 Like

Slot the top strut mounting hole to give more neg camber. You can do an eccentric camber bolt like seen in the top position on Subarus. Otherwise, I like to use a big washer and tack weld in place once you get the camber you want.

Not sure what the G series K frame is like but on an L200 I’ve moved the lower control pick up point outwards 5mm (and I moved up as well to compensate for lowering to keep the camber curve correct). The captive side required quite some fabrication.

To gain castor, hand file the radius rod section of the sway bar and reweld the big washer back on. Use spacers to get the castor you want.

Most adjustable camber plates will raise your car up. The std is ultra low profile. Cut and weld back together. 10mm can be removed.

When it goes back together space it as shown in the image. I use Delrin for this.

For a road car I would not use adjustable tops with a spherical bearing. You need to shorten the strut to maintain bump travel as most adjustable tops are taller than std. In the State that I live in, they are illegal. For a road car they are increase noise, vibration and harshness. And the the spherical balls don’t last long.

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this out in such detail. I know all i need to know now, have a very pleasant day!