Daiharris Track/Streeter L200 build.. The quest for hilarity

I have done the M100 box into a L200. Was not to hard. Grafted two clutch cables out of the one by tig welding something from the ef cable end onto the ej cable end (forgot which end and didn’t take pics). Gear change swap to rods all fitted up but had to alter the hole in the tunnel. No mods to the K frame needed. Did take pics after fitting and if I can find them will post. It was a worthwhile swap and I wish I had gone that way myself, and prob would except that I have the two trxx LSD boxes. L700 box is something like 4.2 final drivec while the M100 version is 4.5 or 4.7.

Have been there with cronic depression - I understand that whole sort of thing

2 Likes

Yeah cheers man, the depression and anxiety aren’t great, they sort of feed off each other… One day at a time brother, one day at a time…

1 Like

So a bit of news, the 4 door one locally got sold straight away so I missed that, but today I made friends on Facebook with some Malaysian dude that has an turbo L2 with an ej, and after talking to him a bit he seemed to believe that I wouldn’t be able to run the cuore front brakes and hubs on my L2, no matter what I do…

It was my understanding that I could mount the ej and box on the L2 k frame and engine mounts, then run the cuore halfshafts/knuckles/hubs/brakes…

Was there a breakdown in communication or am I just dead wrong? Hahaha

Have a look at my thread “not quite track”. You’ll seet the pics of Cuore hubs and brakes (same as Sirion) fitted to my L200. Use the L700 control arms.

I’ve found the Malaysian knowledge base to be poor, unreliable and comments exagerated. Would like to know why they think they won’t fit? You have to use the L700 strut too as the bolt holes are further spaced. Heck I’ve done this with Copen bits but you had to run 15" rims to clear the brake caliper.

1 Like

Yeah Gormsby my knowledge is completely based on your build to be honest, your thread is extremely helpful… I think the English is just bad, I tried asking him why it won’t work because it works in my head but maybe I was just missing something…

So yeah, thanks again bro… Your thread dis extrenely detailed and whilst I know basically everything there is to know about Nissan’s 90’s and up my daihatsu knowledge is minuscule…

On a side note I’m finally picking up the engine box and hubs and shit this weekend, I don’t own a engine crane myself so need to borrow one from a mate, then it can all start proper happening.

Thanks again Gormsby!

1 Like

I also have done this on my move but it was all installed on my mira first and now transfered to my move and I have to agree that the information that comes from Malaysia is a bit concerning sometimes. i think it can be somewhat exagerated and I has seen information that also is very contradictory.

1 Like

Yeah alright sweet… Well I paid for that EJ today and am picking it up on Sunday so that’s when shit can get happening… Tbh I’d like to clean up the engine bay before i put the ej in, so I think I’m gonna stick the engine on the stand and clean it up and degrease it properly, I’ve always loved super clean engine bays but I’ve never had the motivation to do that… Hahahaha

Just wondering what people have done fr their turbo manifolds? I’m assuming you can’t just buy one off the shelf but I’m not much of a welder so would need a custom one done up… Foes anyone know if there’s some good photos of one I can send to my welder mate so he csn get some ideas?

This is from an efdet I believe but I think they fit an ej also but not 100% sure. (this isnt mine)

It’s all apart of modification; even the common cars come with their headaches.

I built a custom exhaust manifiold for my EJ; I’d be happy to let it go, the only problem might be distance though. :sweat_smile:; where exactly u located?

Mine was build for L500, but the clearance should be enough for your L200

Nah all good boys… I’m in Australia so shipping would be a killer, I assume I can just use the exhaust manifold and cut the excess off so we have a template and go from there…

1 Like

https://livetodai.com/t/ej-ef-det-ef-gl-turbo-manifold/189/4

Thanks bra, I just msgd him we’ll se what he says.

So just a quick update today, borrowed the crane and pulled the engine this arvo, first time taking an engine out so it was a bit of learning, but finally got it done…

The missus looking impressed…

Engine bay

And it was my birthday the other day so my missus made me this Simpsons silhouette thing…

Alright that’s it for now boys… I’ll update more once I go pick the EJ up…

Drive safe!

4 Likes

Maybe you could call this Project Scorpio? I know Microsoft are using it for the new xbox one but the Mira will last longer.

where is the pug?

1 Like

Yes sir, I will notice that Mr Scorpion…

1 Like

Being a grub as always…

2 Likes

hes looking rather seedy lol :smile:

1 Like

So I’ve been doing a bit of reading regarding the EJ swap, going through evils abd efimiras build thread abwd a few other places, one of the things I’ve noticed is the fuel lines for the ed10 being too thin so that and the pump are going to have to be replaced… My plan was to run e85 anyways so obviously I’ll just have to get some e85 lines and pumo and stick those in… Is there anything I should be doing to the tank to prepare it for e85 or is it good to go once I get pump and lines sorted?

I’m currently doing/about to do all AN6 fittings (Speedflow or equiv), hard ano lines front to rear, E85 proof with cloth outer hose and am considering an 255 lph Raceworks E85 pump (will be over capacity and didn’t really want it thrashing away but it is the lowest output E85 proof one I have seen). I’ve painted inside the tank with KBS Gold fuel tank sealer. Keep with hard anodised as much as possible. Am currently working on the pick up. Pics of that to come.