Daihatsu Charade 3-door G102 TX

Aaaaand we failed the technical check. That was to expect, but now i have a final to-do-list for the remaining technical/mechanical issues:

• the front right brake drags a little bit
  • the fuel tubes are hanging too much
  • the two brake lines near the fuel tubes have contact to each other, he says its possible that they will chafing through
  • the clamps that fix the brake tube on the damper are missing
  • he hammered a little rust hole into the rear right underfloor
  • right rear brake light is dead
  • one bolt on the stabilizer bar is too short
  • the headlight range adjustment is dead

So, a handful of clips will solve most of the problems with the brake/fuel tubings. Then a longer bolt & a new lightbulb & a little bit of welding.

the hardest thing will be to fix the headlight range adjustment.

4 Likes

Swapped for a Momo D32 320mm Sport Steering wheel today.

3 Likes

Hello Partypeople,

In the Last days we fixed the headlight adjustment with a ton of WD40. I killed one of the plastic holders of one headlight, hope the engineer wont See that.
We also Cut a few Clips from Aluminium and fixed the fuel Tubes. Next technical Check is in the next few days.

3 Likes

We passed technical check flawless today!

So we can drive fully legal on german streets. The only thing that need to be reviewed is the aftermarket steering wheel. So i flipped this one back to Stock until i have a date with the engineer.

The engine runs pretty Like shit. Average fuel consumption is 13ltr / 100km, i Hope this is Not normal.

Next days we check the fuel injectors & the throttle Valve.

I Hope there was No fail at timing belt Change.

3 Likes

jesus, that consumption :open_mouth: should really be about half that, check your O2 sensor is working properly as that is running way too rich