Daihatsu Diagnostics

Hello all, I’ve tried scouring the web and can’t find any solid answers
I’m looking for a diagnostic tool or cable and software for Daihatsu cars
I’m a VW mechanic by trade (hate the things :joy:) and am used to using VCDS and always try and buy the manafacturer specific diagnostic software or tool for my car, I have a few now for various brands
I also have a snap on scanner to cover the rest of the brands customers bring me but that doesn’t play nicely with daihatsus, anyone used any decent software? Ideally something Daihatsu specific that has good support for codes, live data ETC
Toyota Techstream seems to be the closest thing I can find but I’m not sure if this will work with Daihatsus?
Thanks everyone sorry I’m highly dyslexic so I hope all that makes sense

2 Likes

you will be lucky to find one that will work. They seem to be obd and not obd2. The only one I have heard of working was a post i saw from compact motorsport on Facebook saying that they used one at a dyno place in NZ and it was a $10,000 or something to that effect. They did say it was not worth them getting one for themselves.

1 Like

Thank you evil highway for the response, I’ve since found a genuine Denso Daihatsu scanner on eBay relatively cheap so I may pick that up, I’m sure I could get by fine with a OBD scanner that plays nice but the idea of owning a genuine Daihatsu scanner seems quite appealing
It’s a real shame there’s no VCDS (Vag-Com) like alternative for the daihatsus

2 Likes

I have a knock-off Delphi DS150e diagnostic cable and software running on an old laptop and it can pull a lot of info from my OBD2 2004 Sirion. What age of Daihatsu are you looking to talk to?

Delphi/Autocom was £35 or so delivered on Aliexpress.

1 Like

I currently own a 1999 L700 and a 2000 Terios (H Series 1.3) but will be picking up a 2003 Copen 660cc soon as well

1 Like