Daihatsu Sirion M111 <<The Light Blue Beast>>

Hello there, it’s nice to be back. Meet my new ride:

It’s a Daihatsu Sirion M111 1.3 K3-VE2 102hp 2004 model. At least this how I bought it. Now it’s a little bit more “me”, if you know what I mean:

There is a little bit of rust and engine oil leaking here and there, but nothing that it can’t be fixed:

And I’m still improving it. Slow and steady. More photos later this month. Cheers!

6 Likes

Some more photos of the interior:

2 Likes

I’ve noticed something odd. My RPM gage goes up to 8000 rpms. But while in neutral or any other gear, the gage meter can’t go further than 6000 rpms. Is that normal?

1 Like

I don’t know about the M1, but car manufacturers do that to prevent engine damage when not under load.

1 Like

I had the M100 1.0 EJ-DE. It went all the way to 8000RPM. Also I’ve seen a video on YouTube. It was about a test drive of a 2002 M111 1.3 K3-VE2 102HP. While in neutral it went all the way up to 7800-8000RPM. Also while driving I have the same problem. It cuts me off to 5500-6000RPMS.

Then there must be a restriction somewhere in the intake or exhaust system.

1 Like

I was thinking about the throtle position sensor, the veriable valve or the air flow sensor.

So… A month and a half ago, I had a check engine light on… as the scan tool said, it was the Oxygen Sensor after the catalytic converter… So I changed that and as long I was there, I decided to change my struts and suspensions.

2 Likes