Daily / Track / Show Copen + Stories

Epic job there and a super result on the wrap!

1 Like

Thanks @b_hoves and @Testing386 :smiley:

Hereā€™s the finished car! :smiley:
Thanks to @applegeek897 for the photos from WTAC.
Iā€™m absolutely stoked with the result. And Iā€™m super proud of accomplishing such a massive task.
But it doesnā€™t stop there. I still have a new set of wheels in the garage waiting to go on, once the camber axle arrives, theyā€™ll be going on ASAP.

Also I have also been looking at a new seat. I still have the Bride Ergo 1 and itā€™s still a fantastic seat. But Iā€™d like to sit a bit lower now and also the seat is a big too big for my body.

So Iā€™ve been looking at some Bride fixed back buckets.
Currently looking at either the Illest or the Vertex.

I would definitely try having a seat in them first if possible. I know when I drive our copen I tend to slouch back a fair bit. Not like my mrs who I think has the seat like she gonna headbutt the steering wheel. I get worried about fixed back on street car for comfort factor

1 Like

Car looks absolutely stunning. Iā€™d be right pleased with that result.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve already tried sitting in them @evilhighway
I like the way they feel. And I always like to have my back rest pretty straigt anyway with a very very slight slouch. I have no issues with running them, I think Iā€™ll be pretty comfy hahah.
Iā€™ve also got a steering wheel quick release on the way, to make it easier to gwt in and out of the car for when I get the new seat.

1 Like

good thinking with steering wheel. can be a challenge getting in and out sometimes with stock setup.

1 Like

Thanks @evilhighway
The quick release arrived today! :smiley: Iā€™m so stoked!
So I ordered the THIN version from NRG. Because I have a standard size hub. Otherwise, if I got the standard size Quick Release. It would have been way too close for comfort.

20181029_191217

Thereā€™s no slop/freeplay whatsoever. And it brings the wheel closer by 1.75 inches. Which I found out is now Ideal for me. I also like the added benefit of security, for when I would have to leave the car out on the street.

3 Likes

Anytime good sir. Couldnā€™t believe the car when I saw it in person. Certainly keen to get some proper pics when the car is done. Will it be ready for when LSP comes?

1 Like

Hopefully itā€™ll be ready! I have the new wheels on the front now. Seriously just a waiting gane for the camber axle, Iā€™ll give Garage88 a call tomorrow and see if itā€™s there :smiley:

Hereā€™s a teaser photo (my little brotherā€™s Wagon R)

is that the 1.6 powered wagon r?

1 Like

Yes Sir! Thatā€™s the one. Itā€™s getting a bunch of upgrades too. Getting it ready for the kei meet weā€™re having on the 16th.

but it cant go cause its not a kei. hahahahahahahaha!
just joking ofcoarse damn that thing would fly. When I saw it for sale the was a want for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

AHAHAHAHA! Weā€™re not purists over here! :joy:. It goes pretty good! More torquey than fast, if you get what I mean. When I raced it at the track with the precious owner, my Copen can JUST keep up with it haha, it pulls away slowly

wow really I thought it would have just pulled away no probs. that is really surprising

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I thought too. Haha but when I raced a completely stock copen from an 80 roll, mine easily pulled away hahah. And also have raced an EK civic, D16 non vtec and pulled away from a 20 roll. :sweat_smile:
So I guess the Wagon R is pretty quick if raced with other small cars.

1 Like

UPDATE 27/11/18

Today I received a part I bought from Japan. :smiley: What did I buy you might ask. :wink:
I thought Iā€™d start giving the engine bay some attention and bought a carbon cooling panel :smiley:
For those that might ask who I used to order thisā€¦ I used Jesse Streeter. I was skeptical at first even tho I know a lot of people that have bought stuff through them. They were easy to speak to and the transaction went smooth. I can definitely recommend them and I will go use them again. :+1::+1:

Anyways hereā€™s the box it came in.

Inside the box, the part was well protected with a lot more cardboard and a lot of Japanese newspapers.
Once I got to the part, it was covered in bubble wrap and a thin layer of paper.

Inside all the packaging is this beautiful piece of carbon. :heart_eyes:

Now I was super eager to install it, but when I put it up against the Rad/Condenser. It didnā€™t fit.
It doesnā€™t clear the condenser bracket so it could be mounted on the Radiatorā€¦
*now I know why the Ad said for race use only. AHAHAHA. *
I will need to cut the part to clear the condenser bracket. :expressionless:

Hereā€™s a photo of a DSport one. This is how I thought it was gonna fit. I couldā€™ve bought this one, but the anodized aluminum will just fade off overtime plus the carbon looks sexier IMO. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for viewing :smiley: Stay tuned for more progress on this part.

3 Likes

Diamond saw if you need to grind or cut it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using Jesse Streeter for about 5 years and is the only person Iā€™ll use for getting stuff from japan. Great communication and always helpful.

The cooling panel look great. Hopefully you can get it fitted without too many hassles

1 Like

Thank you @Mr_Gormsby. Iā€™ll go to bunnings later to get a diamond cutting blade for my dremel.

UPDATE 29/11/18

Modified the cooling panel to fit. Had to cut about 40mm in total. Here are the photos. Love the way it looks and fits now. :smiley:

4 Likes