Defra's 2005 Siron2 1.3

Hi there this is the start for my sirion2!
its a 2005 siron 1.3. sport.
for now its full standard as it was delivered in 2005.
the sport edition came with the foglights, back spoiler and sideskirts.
the rims are matt black i suspect the preveous owner gave them a paint job.

this list is what going to be done first to improve the looks slightly:
1: Tint the back windows.
2: Paint the brakes (undecided on color yet)
3: The front bumper the bar were the licence plate is mounted on paint it black or give it a carbon wrap
4: Investigate and maybe change the exhaust
5: Install multimedia system (2din) and swap the speakers to some better quality ones

in the mean time ill save up some spending money and see what else i want to do to the car
i am interested to get the alloy protectors installed from alloy gator but again im undecided on a color yet

ill post update pictures allong the way i make the changes.
If anyone has suggestions/ideas/examples feel free to share them with me here!

here some pictures how i am starting my adventure
(i dont know much about cars etc but i am willing to learn to do things myself )

8 Likes

Nice looking car. I am a fan of the M300 Srions. Looking forward to seeing more.

2 Likes

So its been a bit silent from my end but im still reading trough the forums enjoying other peoples work…
i had some unexpected expenses wich put some of my plans on hold…

Soon ill be able to start doing some things…
As i mentioned ive never realy worked on cars myself so i talked with one of my friends a bit wich been a vw golf 2 freak as long as i can remember and he has his own little shack to work on cars so once i get parts he will help me get the things done ive never done myself…

In the mean time i did buy the foil to tint the windows and the bracket to install the 2din radio…
The problem i face is that except the public parking spaces in my street i have not much options to work on my car and its my daily at the same time so it needs to be done the same day, being divorced having three kids at my days off and work full time in public transport wich means work verry irregular times early mornings but also late at night makes it hard to find allot of time trying to get things done but eventualy we will get there!

Anyway a while back i noticed there was a slight change while driving the car it seemed like it lost power so i got to the garage that usualy does the maintenance of my cars to ask if he could look what caused this problem…
After drinking a cup of Coffee he figured out it was the rear brake being a little stuck so he solved the problem and made sure this wont happen again.

Other then the plans i made in my first post i realy like how the car looks as it is so im not planning on doing big changes to the apearance :slight_smile:

1 Like

So been a while but i finaly got the time and bits and pieces to install the 2din radio with android auto :slight_smile:

Now i will have to make a frame to cover up the surrounding of the radio because the frame is made for a bigger screen but this is a radio i had already laying around so untill i order a bigger one this will do for now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So there is this gap around the radio cus it fits a bigger screen … the first idea was to 3d print a frame to cover it up…
But then i remembered i had some multiplex and carbon foil still laying around…

Step one:

Make a frame with masking tape.

Step two:

Put the tape on the wood and get the saw out.

Step three:

See if it fits

Step four:

Put on the carbon wrap

The result:

All in all not bad ill keep it as it is for now and see how it holds up

5 Likes

Yay another M301 :slight_smile:

So today i drove 280 km for my summer holliday with the Kids was actualy the first drive that took more than an hour. …
I read complaints about the seats i must say after 2 hours plus it was comfortabel enough for me…
Ok yeah my old car was a luxueuze ford mondeo station wich was more comfortabele and on the road like a tank but i love the go kart feel of my little car haha

Radio did its job with the android auto it navigated me to my destination… i was able to fit the three small suitcases in the trunk 3 Kids and myself.
The screen was sometimes hard to see with the sun and my polaroid sunglasses didnt help either but all in all im happy with it.

Picture of the car at our destination :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile: If you need any help or advice just let me know, I’ve changed/repaired enough on mine. I never managed to tint my windows though

1 Like

Thnx, tinting is one of the things still on the to do list together with painting front brake claw and rear drums haha

I wanna get it on a bridge and get it checked on rust etc before i spend more money on it…

Also i would love a l2d sticker on the rear windows

1 Like

Ive already posted it on facebook but ill post it here also to document my progress.

Ive tinted the rear windows myself and i mtst say for the first time doing that im satisfied with the results ive only tinted the rear door windows with film and the smaller windows and rear window i used pre cut pannels from solarplexius.

today i put other wheels on.
The new wheels size is 16/45/195 they still got plenty of space so im considering lowering it a tad.

The next thing will be the exhaust because the muffler broke off so currently driving with an incomplete exhaust it does sound great tough so i will have to look how i will restore it.

Slowly im making some progress while i keep enjoying driving it daily :slight_smile:

Ofcourse pictures or it didnt happen !

2 Likes

Documentation here is what the forum is for yourself and sharing with other’s. Stuff gets so lost on FB.
They look really nice and well suited :slight_smile:

So i was looking around for some aftermarket headlights but all i can find is from malaisie and shipping is two times more expensive then the headlights themselfs…
So off we go search for an alternative after watching some videos and reading up on the matter i decided to try something myself i bought two headlights from someone who was scrapping a sirion2

I want to remove the front cover and paint some of the Chrome inside to black and i need to restore the headlights as they are full foggy.

This are the donor headlights to try this out with if it fails or i dont like it in the end ill still have the original lights to put back in and to use in the time i work on this project :slight_smile:
Once ready ill share the steps and result !

3 Likes

So ive watched some videos looked prety easy…
Well it actualy is!
These lights realy are in need of some tlc.
I took the time i.had today to open them up so i can sand the parts i want to paint black and then mask off the parts that need to Remain chrome for the light reflection.
One bit for the dailight driving light is prety much already without paint i suspect i need to make sure its proper sealed back up when done cus it looks like it been moisty in there for a while but its not a big deal since i will paint that part anyway !
Ive found a set of lights new with what i am about to try new for 220€ so far i spent 90€ for the lights and a restoration kit to make the dull yellow covers crystal clear again
Pictures of the progres so far
(I will have to look where to post but i have more pictures to make a step to step tutorial on how to do this but ill make that when i finished or failed te attempt haha)

Heat up the sides around with the heatgun

Pull it apart (dont forget the three screws at the bottom like i did first time )

2 Likes

Posted some work in progress also on facebook so ill add some pics here too.
Let the first layer dry while going to the beach now done seccond layer gonna let dry up again peel off the masking tape and asemble the city lights and signal lights then clean up the chrome and let it sit like this for a week or so and in the meantime ill get on with the restoration off the dull covers :slight_smile:

Uploading: 20240719_181035.jpg…
Processing: 20240720_112856.jpg…
Uploading: 20240720_120404.jpg…
Uploading: 20240720_124453.jpg…
Uploading: 20240720_133826.jpg…

So, once you have these done and mounted, please sell me the leftover lights. Then i will be able to restore them as well and still drive my RedDai. When finished i will sell my old ones to another m300 driver.