EF Engine ECU Pinouts

Oh yeah just realised I never posted the L200 S1 Engine to S2 Body changes

So basically on the Series 1 EF cars, Pin 10 is an earth and the alternator wiring is a seperate loom along the firewall however when they changed to the S2 EF they merged that alternator loom into the fuel injector loom and used the Pin 10 as a 12v+ line so if you mix and match S1 and S2 you will short and blow the 15 amp engine fuse. I just run 12v from alternator directly to the 12v lead on the starter rather than all the way across to the battery and repinned the engine plug. It worked fine for like a year until I munched my EF-JLs bearings. :joy:

1 Like

Also Pin 13 on the S1 EF-JL is the Boost Light from the sensor on the back of the factory intercooler. It’s an earth switch so to run a light you need to run the other end to 12v+. Looks cool on big red light if you don’t have TR-XX dash.
Ausdel cars don’t have this wire as part of their body loom so get creative, mine ran from the back of the cigarette lighter socket as my guages are mounted in a centre console.

Thank You for the info. I will need to look into the idle up for the air con, I have manually put the idle up so now when its cold, it idles at 1700rpm which is probably why I am burning out clutches.

So it looks like Pin 17 is Air con signal? I believe mine is EF-JL S1 JDM.