EF-JL Oxygen sensor position custom dump pipe

Hey guys, I need to install the Oxygen sensor into a custom Turbo dump pipe I’ve made. My question is what distance should it be from the outlet of the Turbo to work correctly?
Any help would be appreciated.
Chee

from memory just past the k rame or just in front of where your gear stick is. One issue with this is if you have a leak between the sensor and dump then it will read wrong as it will suck air also. Just make sure you have no leaks lol

1 Like

the mechanic that built my EJ turbo setup placed mine about 30cm from the turbo at a 45 degree angle

1 Like

OK that’s about also where I placed it in this straight pipe I used to get running, what did you mean by the 45’ is from horizontal?

Yeah everything will be welded up, I might even do a pressure leak test when done. At the moment I’m using some 3M alu tape to keep it tight

1 Like

sorry for late reply, a normal O2 sensor will be fine where you have it really, the Bosch 4.9 wideband sensor I will be using ( coz standalone tunable ecu) are known for being " sensitive " to thermal shock, aka moisture on the sensor when heating up or warming up the motor so are best put at a 45 degree angle from vertical or horizontal to minimise damage, so my mechanic has told me

1 Like