EJ-DE high compression pistons

Heyo, I’ve been looking for some piston options for an EJ-VE, heard about the K3-VE2 piston with flat top for around 11:1 compression, but I can’t really find these pistons for sale, only for the K3-VE.
While researching for pistons, I came across the piston for a Suzuki DR250, engine specs are:
Bore - 72.0mm (same)
Stroke - 61.2mm (EJ is 81mm, but I guess that’s more related to conrods length?)
Compression height - 27mm (EJ is 28.6mm I think?)
Pin diameter 18mm - (Same)
From my limited knowledge, I understand that the lower compression height would reduce the compression and maybe give the valves a bit more clearance? But at the same time the lower compression height would be offset by the flat top, possibly making a bit more compression in the end.
Am I missing something or am I right in wanting to get 3 of these and try it out in my Cuore?

I did cc the ej pistons years ago to compare to ed. For the life of me I cant remember what they were. If you have ej pistons and are able to fill the top with water while on a flat surface. Use a syringe to measure the millilitres. Then if you could make a round flat cylinder (same as ejde piston) then pour that amount of liquid into it and measure the height. If it is above 1.6mm then it will be an increase in compression. You would also need to check valve clearance as ejde have reliefs for the valves as do k3ve2.

3 Likes

any Toyota 1/2/3SZ /K3V engine pistons would be a try