1997 Turbo Daihatsu Move. The time has come and one of my cars has to go It is either this very modified fun/track/project car or my 1984 swift which you can find in one of my other ad’s.
*1997 daihatsu move!
- New battery installed a few months ago (Motorbike batter and starts with this easy)
*Engine is 850cc stock engine with a 660cc head which lowers
compression perfect for boost applications.
*Tdo4L currently running approx 15psi boost.
*Stock 660cc turbo manifold with made adapter for the td04L.
*Greddy Blue emange piggy back ecu for fuel control along with fuel
pressure reg and a kemso 430 P/L fuel pump in tank and 340cc fuel
*Main ecu and wiring has been converted to 660cc as it has a higher rev limiter and gives better driveability for turbo applications.
*Converted from original auto to 5 speed Manual and has short shift installed.
*Exhaust is a mix of 2 inch and 1,3/4 inch with a harley 2015 soft tail muffler out the back.
*Brakes have been upgraded to Daihatsu sirion front brakes and rear’s have been upgraded to Daihatsu Applause rear disc brakes.
- Converted to 4x100 pcd from 4x110pcd for better wheel choices. This has been done properly with Daihatsu L700 LCA’s and Daihatsu Copen Drive shafts and a hard to get Jack shaft on the driver side that help reduce torque steer.
*Suspension is currenly Daihatsu Sirion Front Shocks with Mira front King springs and Hyundai excel shocks in the rear with chopped ford GC8 front shocks in the trailing arms.
*14x6 star wheels and have a federal tires with good tread.
- Daihatsu Sirion GTVI Seats but will come with stock seats as well as the rear seats.
- Has wiring for a sub and amp I took them out when making it more of a track car.
- Has a glove box. “ooooo” you say? Australian delivered Move’s did not come with a glove box.
- Has rare Daihatsu move pedal cover’s that say “Move” on them incase you forget what car your in
- Painted in Plastidip in the theme of a micro “A Team” Van plastidip can peel off and original colour is the silver. Plastidip can also be easliy touched up where any does start to peel.
- Does come with stock bonnet also if dont like the one with the scoop or want to change to a FMIC.
- Has wideband o2 sensor installed and will come with laptop that has xp and greddy blue software installed so you can make adjustments to the tune as it does need some fine tuning.
- Has vn tps installed so it is tunable as daihatsu mira and move tps are a switch and not an increment reading like the commodore ones.
- Dump pipe needs a couple of leaks fixed up or dump pipe replaced, because of this the o2 sensor is not accurate as it is sucking air and giving a slight false reading however all reading’s were safe before holes developed so rest assured it is not leaning out.
This has been setup for a fun track car and has and does provide this. It can be taken back to make as a street car also.
The car has seen 2 Lakeside Park and 2 QR sprint days with Livetodai Daihatsu Group, 3 times has been to willow bank with it’s best time being a 16.3 sec 1/4 mile and heaps of room for improvement it was on street tyres so even just semi slicks would see it being quicker.
It was also at a skid control Rally/Khanacross day this year and did really well on the dirt.
There is a build thread on Livetodai.com Just look for evilhighway’s move in the build section.
And yes the car isnt “LOW” like how everyone wants them to be these days but don’t let that fool you on how it handle’s The car is more stable than what you would think and handles corner’s very well. I can supply some shocks and some other cut rear springs if you really want so it sits lower, but this setup handles better than when it was lower. $2000 gets this car. Dont bother with any lower as I wont reply. No rego (ran out and wont come with plates) No rwc
(the last video where there is 2 silver moves mine won both races ans was N/A at the time)