Fozzie Bear the Feroza F300

So, I had a baby blue M101 Sirion with a 1.3, and I loved it. It’s pretty quick, uncommon and reliable. It was a great daily. Naturally, I sold him.

After that, I bought a Mazda MX-3 with a 1.8 V6. Great car, but the engine took a shit at about 180.000km. I wanted to swap in a 2.5L KL-DE, but ended up just buying a Mazda Xedos 9 with same engine.

Great car, but the engine took a shit at about 180.000km. Then it hit me. I should have just stuck with a Daihatsu. I wanted something different though. A good sidekick to my MX-5. I ended up buying a Feroza F300 from '92.

Great car, but the engine took a shit at about 200.000km. I only put about 2000kms on it. The jury (my friends) is still out on if it’s my fault or not, but I digress. The oil pressure sensor was giving me false readings, so I wanted to replace it. While trying to take it out, part of the engine came with it. Weak aluminium or pent up aggression? We will never know.

Instead of buying something else again I decided to fix it. I bought another HD-E and had it completely refreshed. These engines don’t like heat, so I put in a colder thermostat and 3-row aluminium Honda Civic radiator in as well.

At this point, I’ve put more hours into this car than I’ve been driving it. I’ll get into more detail later with separate posts about the different things I’ve done.

5 Likes

Fooooooozzieeeeeeeeee <3 (you should’ve kept the Sirion though xxx)

1 Like