FrAsErTaG's L700 Kuor3 - Plus Extras

I’ve never really been one to care much about how my car looks over how it goes… The rattier the car looks the less I stress about it…

It’s current got the white dipped front and the rest is silver. Weekend mission is to have a white car, it will look ratty but that’s what I am going for and at the end of the day it’s just dip

2 Likes

I agree I always wanted a nice looking car but I would rather something that goes better or is fun over looks.
That’s why I paint mine myself is so I can learn as I go and no matter how good or bad it comes out I am usually happy with it. :grin:

2 Likes

The outcome will be here tomorrow

3 Likes

The important part for me when it comes to “looks” is not to attract attention. Staying “sleeper” is good, but “stealth” is better. Even though I am a qualified spray painter I like plain paint jobs (own white cars for the road - or silver at times) and usually redo under car parts in black, under guards plus interior paint in white and touch ups to white paint not by colour code but in high-opacity white (yep lazy these days). I’ve had show quality paint jobs and yeah way to stressful. Plus one tends not to want to continue the evolutionary process of improving any spot painted to perfection (yep I can nudge that guard lip out a bit more and if I damage the paint I’ll just flick some more one, buff the edge and not care about a perfect blend in)

1 Like

This is the best sleeper I had, the photos show a venting bov this was eventually replaced with a plumb back and the exhaust ended up getting a high flow resonator that made it decently quiet.

The fmic was mounted where the radiator sat, painted black and the radiator bolted onto the fmic.

It had 185rwkw and cops never looked twice at it…

3 Likes

Forgive the shitty angle of photo photo my driveway is pretty skinny…

This dip is gonna get dirty really really easily
Matt white

5 Likes

I like the matte white though!

1 Like

Matt white is the goods. Well done mate :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Good to see another Gino in Australia!

2 Likes

Yep good old Matt white looks good on the car

4 Likes

Haha my bad :joy:

2 Likes

A photo not in my driveway, passes the 20ft test

5 Likes

So today I received a phone call followed by an email in regards to my Engine.

I found out a couple of bits of information

1. The estimated Arrival time is April the 17th 2017

2. Engine is being delivered to port botany in Sydney and will cost extra to get to me in Canberra… , this does not appear to be the direct fault of the seller but unsure.

I still don’t even know the custom charges and its already costing me money… I will likely just drive up in the Rodeo and put in in the back and drive home again.

So as detailed above I have already replaced all the suspension etc in the car and its driving really well, I do however have to look at a couple of things for the conversion.

1. I have been thinking what clutch should I get, the engine never came standard with a manual option so there is not really an OEM benchmark to go off. I have been looking at the Exedy heavy duty clutch for the NA version of the K3 engine. When I fitted the JB-DET into the TRXX I used a HD Exedy unit, on a really hot day only once I had the clutch slip really bad that I stopped driving for 30 minutes or so and then cruised it home, never missed a beat after that, an odd 20,000km before selling…

2. I need to sort out a water feed for the turbo, The radiator that is currently in the car is about 10,000 km old I replaced it when I fixed up the front, I tried to get a model with a water line but was unable to get one for the L700, I had previously got a dual core radiator with the water feed for the TRXX without issue.
    Being a true Daihatsu enthusiast I want to do this for as cheap as possible… I do however want it to be reliable and I know the most reliable way would be to try source a different radiator… What are other reliable options?

2 Likes

Get a piece of pipe, screw and glue in a smaller fitting and place somewhere on bottom radiator hose, instant t piece water feed for a few dollars?

1 Like

Some steel or alloy pipe that you could cut one of the rad pipes and join on each side but have pipe’s/ barb’s welded on to it so coolant can go to the turbo. That way if you change radiator you dont have to go looking for a coolant feed line.

1 Like

IF I remember correctly the Coolant flow for the K3-VET is from the engine to the turbo and then to the radiator, so a T join at the top main return pipe should do it.

something like this: (from a VW but he :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

exactly that :smiley:

Yes something like that!

Cheers guys

The other thing I have been thinking about is the intercooler.
It is a top mount and with the Gino front there is less room than the L200 to fit a front mount behind the bumper.

I have seen some scoopes on the googles.
This one looks good but the bonnet cutting would be beyond my skills

Then this one looks more like the L700 TR Scoop

I am not sure how yet if even possible but I may see if there is a way I could route some cold air to the intercooler, otherwise whats peoples thoughts on water to air cooler? do you think its overkill? I won’t be running anything more then stock boost for a while.

The K7 has plenty of top end power its just the bottom end that is a bit disheartening, the RHF4 will help it with a bit more punch down low.

I like that first scoop bonnet :slight_smile: but if you have restraints then I don’t see water to air as overkill really just a different reason to go that way. I thought about cold air pipes also for my mira to get to the top mount better and also a small thermo fan. That maybe too much stuffing around and better to go with the water to air.
I guess see what you can do with what you have first before spending excess cash?