FrAsErTaG's L700 Kuor3 - Plus Extras

haha exactly!!
Some pipes from bunnings to try make some cold airtake, I actually have a delta server fan that I was considering trying to mount, it is a very high CFM fan, noisy as F… potentially would strain the alternator as well but may be able to play around. I think its draw was 12v @ 2.9 AMPS.

On my bluebird it used to get hot up at wakefield race track, was able to cool it down with a simple windscreen wiper bottle pump with a bottle and a nozzle to spray on the cooler, worked well turning it on into the straight, was a bit of a distraction turning it off again though… was good for about 5 laps.

Got to remember I live in Canberra, ambient temperature in the morning driving to work in winter can be -3 degrees (Yes thats minus)… and the drive home 5-10 degrees.

But the flip side to this is in summer a trip to work in the morning could be 20 degrees and the trip home is 42 degrees…

I may play it by ear while I can during winter with some temperature probes or something and see whats what before I spend any more coin.

1 Like

sorry i have forgotten what real winter is like but apparently it gets colder here in winter that it did where i was in nsw.
I really dont envy that cold anymore. It was only yesterday i had to put trackies on as it got down to12 the night b4 lol. God im a wuss with the cold now haha.
Well enjoy boost season (winter) and atleast it gives you heaps of time to sort it out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha unfortuneately with the delivery date of the engine its looking like I will have to brave the cold to fit it… do you know how much a slipped spanner hurts when your hands are frozen :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes I do. I lived the majority of my life in Victoria lol

2 Likes

you guys will get down to negative temperatures @evilhighway, then you get the winds coming from Stanthorpe :wink:
@FrAsErTaG water to air intercoolers are great as you can put ice in the reservoir to really cold down your intake air. If you cut holes in your bonnet make sure you DO NOT!!! cut any of the support framework, Instant Defect!! have also seen a few that use small thermo fans behind the intercooler for air flow on other cars.

haha I can hear @evilhighway packing his family up already!

2 Likes

You were correct @grg200 looking at this diagram

1 Like

Well maybe my build thread is completed for the moment.

Unfortunately something financial has come up and I might have to sell the K3-VET before I even use it.

Fingers crossed it is on good condition and good for resale other wise I’m gonna be up that creek!

So who would be interested?

Who is interested or who has money. I’m interested but I have no money.

Might be intrested :smiley: just hope its not a fortune for resale or hard to wire to the ECU

I also might be interested. :wink:

I will list it for the cost price of it which I don’t have a total yet, waiting for customs.

Maybe I could rob a bank!

Let me know if you do, I could use the extra myself! Hahaha.

oh fiddlestick’s seems like the luck im having at the moment is spreading itself :frowning: I hope something happens and it flips so you can keep it.

if you were to sell, how much would you be looking for?

The Italian job… But a convoy of Miras :joy:

Did not get much done todai but did manage to make the Cuore an L2D edition

1 Like