FrAsErTaG's L700 Kuor3 - Plus Extras

Give me the dimensions and pipe sizes.

1 Like

@DaleJeffree Thanks! Iā€™ll send you a PM because I think it would be wise to replace this part before I looked at fitting the new engine which at this rate is looking like Christmas 2018ā€¦ which is fine the car is still going well and the engine is sitting undercover, is covered and off the ground.

In the mean time @JustynFlanders hooked me up with the following

IMG_20170816_174340

the kink in the bottom caused a little bit of an issue but was able to double clamp it. The car started and idled for 5 minutes whilst I bled the system and no leak was evident :slight_smile:

Good thing too because I have driven the rodeo to work in total 6 times and it has cost me $85ā€¦ this would have been about $30 at most in the Kuor3, my budget is not able to sustain such an increase!!!

2 Likes

If you need the part number.IMG20170817110904

2 Likes

That pipe isnā€™t quite right but Iā€™ve made it work

Iā€™m still chasing part numbers for the new engine :wink:

1 Like

Hey Guys

So I got the car up on stands today to investigate my worrying noise

with the car in the air I was unable to get any play in the wheels or produce any noise, I think the problem is not wheel bearingsā€¦ Whilst the car was up I inspected the pads and noticed the inside on the drivers side was quite low on one side.

I had the Ferodo DS2500 pads that I got from @601to602 and decided whilst the car was off the ground I should change them.

I begun work and removed the old pads, and used a c-clamp to push the caliper back inside, all good.
Then I noticed the the bottom slider pin on the drivers side is completely stuck, it does turn but it does not move in or outā€¦ I tried some WD40 and some bashing but alas I can not get it to budgeā€¦

Any ideas? I do have the wreck in the back yard which I could take the entire caliper from, have some redback spiders to fight along the way though hahahaha

I would just grab the caliper and brave the spiders for now then see how you go at fixing the other one if you can even be bothered.
But thatā€™s just me.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m with @evilhighway here.
Piss it off and grab the spare.
Even if you free it up itā€™s probably rusted or seal is buggered to let the water into it.
Pull it off the wreck, grab a rattle can, spray it red (compulsory) and throw it on! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Really my thoughts alsoā€¦ A job for next weekendā€¦

1 Like

Slider pin in a vice, stick the nozzle of the wd40 inside the rubber boot and give it a squirt, then work the brake saddle back and forward until it comes off. Grab a long m8 bolt and cut the head off of it, cut a slit in one end and slide a piece of sand paper in, other end in a drill and use that to clean the hole in the brake saddle. I have had 100ā€™s of seized slide pins and this has worked for 90% of them.

1 Like

Bashing them out never works, just gotta hit them with wd40 and keep twisting them back and forward till they come out

2 Likes

You were spot on @Mick
I just kept lubing and going in and out over and over whilst putting some pressure on the assembly until it finally let goā€¦ Then I tightened and loosened it a few times to make sure it was all good and did not catch again.

Old pad
IMG_20170910_122426

New pad
IMG_20170910_122440

Installed
IMG_20170916_145435

I did a few laps around the block followed by rolling down a hill to make sure not grabbing. All good.

I tested them decently once and they felt good, will give a better report once they have been bedded in properly.

2 Likes

I had no idea when I had a joke about the compulsory red calipers. :joy:
Glad you got it sorted.

My brakes have appeared in the thread before :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I feel worse. You think I didnā€™t pay attention to your post. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha mate donā€™t feel bad!

Car is fixed thats the main thing and I have red calipers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well its been almost a month and the new pads are nicely bedded in, they are a bit noisy on light brakingā€¦ not sure the best way to resolve this.

How do the pads perform? Very well, I had been taking it very easy over the past month, I am a downshift kinda driver so mainly donā€™t ride or use the breaks unless required. But driving home the other day there was a small Roo that jumped out in front of the car in front of me on a the parkway (a 100k speed limited dual lane road in canberra) and the car in front (Audi A4) slowed very quickly, thankfully I was able to pull up very well and actually feared being rear endedā€¦ the car behind though did manage to stop as well.

The brakes are definitely functioning heaps better then they did previously but it is hard to say if it is just the pads or fixing the fudged slider pin also.

2 Likes

Did you use any lube on them? I always use some plastilube, the same stuff you use on motorcycle chains. You can buy it in a small tube, a light coat on the back of the pads and on the edges where they sit in the brake saddle, prevents any squealing.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice little tip. Might steal that one.

These are what we use at work, same stuff just 2 different brandsIMG_20171013_132430

5 Likes

Thanks @Mick, I must admit that I never used anything like that

1 Like