Gearbox Mount Bolt Type/size

Hello,

I am once again asking for your collective knowledge :slight_smile:

Would anyone know the size/type/length of the bolts that connect the gearbox mount to the gearbox?
K3VE2 in an australian sirion gtvi for reference. Otherwise known as the left hand ‘engine’ mount I believe.

I’ve come back to SA and thought all I needed was a fresh battery. Turns out my ex didn’t mention ‘any noises’ whilst driving it last. Turns out the gearbox/transmission mount is no longer connected to the gearbox. The rubber mount side looks ok, and there just appears to be two (can’t beleive there is just one) bolts missing and so the gearbox is now resting on the subframe.

I am hoping they somehow wound themselves out and didn’t shear off* and that all I need to do is jack the gearbox up slightly, align it all, and thread** a couple of bolts in.

Would anyone know the size/type/length of the bolts that connect the gearbox mount to the gearbox?
I did have a look through some service manuals but there is more about engines than gearboxes there.

*though there does appear to be impact signs on the underside of the gearbox so who knows…

**and hope that the threads aren’t f’d

Hi!

From what i saw, same type as front mount.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the reply!
The bolts i’m after are these one from the bracket to the gearbox (seen just below the electrical connector there):
I believe this is a EJ gearbox, but presume the K3 has similar mounting points.
There is 1 shown in this image, i beleive there is a second one below the one shown.