Greeting from Malaysia. 3SZ-VE Powered Perodua Kelisa

Hi all. Greeting from Malaysia. I own a Perodua Kelisa with 3SZ-VE swapped. Was using K3-VET before but end up blown the engine.

Looking forward to meet new people with same enthusiast and love towarda Daihatsu.

7 Likes

Old engine. Using K3-VET

On board video at Sepang International Circuit during last engine

6 Likes

Welcome. We have lots of people from all over the world but not many from Malaysia. Glad to have you here to represent your country.

welcome to the forum thefiztec :smiley: looking forward to hearing more about this little beast of a Kelisa :slight_smile:

It has been downgrade from track car to a fully day driven car. :sweat_smile: But maybe when I’m more financially stable. Will be back on track.

Uploading: 709DBC5E-18AD-4217-97E9-FEF180CF65FF.jpeg… Uploading: A5B542EE-DF00-44F9-B348-8F9A79829C1C.jpeg…

Btw nice meeting you guys.

1 Like

welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum! :wave: :metal: Love this awesome engine bay!

Hey man, cool build! I was wondering, is the wiring harness the same as from the K3 engines? And are the engine mounts the same? Thanks in advance!

@Blyatsu I once purchased a K3-VET from Malaysia but ran into some financial difficulties before I could fit the engine into my NA K3 L700. I did note that two of the 4 ecu connectors differ to the Australian delivered K3 I had fitted from an M101 Sirion.

Alright, thanks for the reply!

I’m doing this 3SZ swap coming from an originally swapped K3-VET. hence all the wiring is all plug & play. except for the coil plug. Most of the brand new Toyota & Daihatsu car that comes with 3SZ engine uses a 4 pin style connector for the coil. But only uses three wire. I’m saying this from all models in Malaysian market. Might differ in other regions.

Another point to consider is, I’m using Storia ECU with M11 code. Hence, you need to swap the trigger wheel on the crankshaft. As for older YRV and K3 engines, they use 36-2 patterns, but for newer K3 (2007 above) and 3SZ, they use 36-2-2-2.

3 Likes

Steady bang , salam from Malaysia (Penang)

Planning to do same too to my Charade g100 by putting K3-VE2 , but currently running on CB23 inline 3, financially problem right now, so choosing running on standard engine that I currently rebuild .

But thanks anyway for sharing your experience .

1 Like