Greetings from Amsterdam

Hello fellow Daihatsu Drivers, Owners, Daihard,

My name is Jill (the male version) sending greetings from the Netherlands.
I have owned a few Daihatsu’s in the past and am currently running an

• Altezza RS200 with some minor mods in Amsterdam
  • and a Toyota Duet/ Daihatsu Sirion M100A in Surinam.

So I might just have a special place in my heart for the Toyota-Daihatsu group :grin:
I think I once was a member of the DaiHard forum, but I’m not sure (have been in too many a group, haha).

My first experience driving a Dai was the Charade G10 with squared headlights in Suriname and have loved them ever since. When I got around buying my own cars, I started out with a Citroen Visa 11RE, a Citroen 2CV, a 1982 Ford Fiesta 1.1S before I started with my Dai range.

I became a member of the Daihatsu Drivers Club Nederland somewhere around 1998, and started off with two G102 and an Applause Xi after that. In 2004 I found my first G201s - a red Detomaso - which I bought off eBay, won the bidding and headed out on a road trip to Manchester UK, with some basic tools in a bag to go get it and drive it back to the Netherlands. In that time I was one of three Detomaso owners in Europe (UK, NL, Greece). After having owned the Deto for about 7 years, I got myself an Altezza RS200, for which I needed to make a road trip again, to Ireland this time. Four years ago I bought a Toyota Duet in Suriname, which serves as a runabout for my parents and my personal transportion for when I’m in Suriname.

I like cars from standard to modified and would like to do everything myself, which I can’t, but always looking to learn and enjoy the builds and quirks of other car enthousiasts.
I’m not really a busy message poster, but hope to enjoy your forum and learn and maybe we’ll meet some day, somewhere, somehow. :world_map:

Ciao, Jill

8 Likes

I’m currently Suriname and don’t seem to have all my pics with me, but to serve you guys and girls with some pics I do have with me, here goes:

Applause 1.6 Xi A101
10152032_3981276067142_613314018_n
1480700_3981275827136_999702762_n

Charade Detomaso G201s 1.6

Factory Interior with Recaro seats, Nardi steering wheel and custom red floormats
26645510018_large

Altezza RS200z 2.0 (SXE10 - 3sge)

Duet / Sirion M100A (EJ-DE)

[Edit: added some pics, Applause, Interior Deto]

7 Likes

I hope the pics are not too large for the forum. Forgot to reduce some of them.

Welkom :slight_smile: awesome to see the Detomaso!

1 Like

welcome some nice cars and a great intro! Welcome mate. Quite a few here from the Netherlands. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx! Yes , unfortunately she’s no longer mine as of early 2012. I had to sell her after I got my Tezza, due to lack of space.

So I sold her to a club member. He sold her within 1 or 2 months because he thought she would have more power. Sold her to a really young guy and then we lost sight of her. The last I heard was the last another member bought her in really bad condition…

Really bad engine knock, suspension shot, rust all over.
She’s supposedly waiting under a blanket in the corner of a garage for restoration.

Really nice car, all original is how I kept her, apart from the shocks. Really sad still to know that one of few oem Deto’s has been beaten up that badly.

I really hope she gets to roam the streets once again, soon. :smiley:

Thx @evilhighway,

Yes there is still quite some Dai lovers in the Netherlands.

Atm I’m working on the m100a after it got in a bit of a fender bender. Trying to get it sorted to best of my ability, with my limited knowledge. Will make a project topic of it. :smiley:
Not as good as the other projects here, like the racing Sirion from Chili or mr. Gromsby and the blue L700 from NL, but doing my best!

2 Likes

Added some pics of my Applause and of the interior of the Deto.
Really mis the Deto tbh.

2 Likes

So something happend lately.

My Altezza RS200 gave me the bearing finger just before we could swap the engine to a better shell :confused:
Luckily it happend in front of the garage door. So now we’re taking the engine apart and it will then need a rebuild. Bright side of things: the engine will be fresh - instead of buying a 2nd hand engine.

Because of that I was looking for a cheap runabout and found myself an YRV 1.3 S (M201) with aircon.
It needs some real TLC, like the usual rust in the back of the sills, but it still feels hard and the MOT is until feb next year, so no need to rush things for now. Will get to that in the near future.
So now the home parking is filled with all Dai! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Wow, great Dais and interesting write up

1 Like

I love the colour on this

1 Like

Thanks, guys.
For now the budget is focussed towards the Altezza, but the YRV needs some TLC, too.
We’ll see what the future brings! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes