Hello from one of the very few Charade owners in California

Hello everyone, I’m glad I found this place. As it says in the title, I live in California and am the proud owner of a 1991 Daihatsu Charade. As it sits it has 218,000 miles on it and will soon be transformed into a dedicated auto x vehicle and or canyon car. I look forward to finding out more info and sharing tips on what I call “CharadeLife”. In the USA, there is very little information available on all things Daihatsu since they only imported them here from 1988 to 1992.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum.

welcome mate I think there is some engine manuals etc in the manuals and tech catergory that may come in handy if you ever nee them.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, is your car the 3 or 4 cylinder?

I have the 3 cylinder with a 5speed.

1 Like

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Hi mate welcome.

Hi Paul, I’m in Sacramento Cali and had an 89 Charade CLX. I sold it to pay some bills but I have alot of knowledge and really nice rare parts if you are interested. I bought some parts from England and Japan. Email me is ok: actfast1234@gmail dot com

1 Like

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum!
Looking forward to hearing what is like to own a daihatsu in the states

Hi! :smiley: Welcome to the Forum Paul! :smiley: I didn’t even know Daihatsu sold cars in the U.S. Haha.

Thanks MadMax, I’ll shoot you an email! As for everyone else, I’ll be starting a thread to document the adventure thus far and what I plan to do with it in the future.

2 Likes

Hey how ya going man .