Hello from Queensland

Hey guys only new to this forum looking for some potential advice regarding my l200 project. Only new to Diahatsu’s and purchased my Mira a couple months back. After getting a bit busy with life and uni I kind of put the poor nugget on the back burner for a while and am trying to pick her up again.

It has had the Franken motor 850cc block with 660cc efi head swap already done to it. I have a bit of a problem on my hands at the moment. (Very sorry if this is a stupid question it is true that I am not the smartest at times). Hopefully someone with a bit more experience might be able to help me out.

At the moment she runs pretty rough. When I unplug the MAP sensor vacuum hose in runs smooth, just rather rich. However, with the MAP sensor all plumbed up it chokes and stalls out. When I give it some gas, it bogs down and backfires as well. Is this a result of a faulty MAP sensor?

I have asked some other Facebook groups and they are suggesting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Should I be chasing one of these? Just a bit unsure as I am new to Daihatsu’s and older cars like my Mira, thanks guys for the help. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also apologies if this in the wrong chat.
Cheers

2 Likes

Hey mate welcome and thankyou for making the intro post.
I won’t advise you on your situation as I already have on facebook. (it was me) I would advise to have a read through a few build threads, I have one about my old move that had the franken engine in it also, So you will be able to see what I did.

1 Like

Welcome. Wish I could help you :frowning:

Welcome!

Do L200s have obd at all? If they do then get a code reader on if possible.

Alternatively, buy a MAF (or borrow a known-good one) and see if it helps the running issue. AliExpress would be a cheap way to do this if you can’t borrow one from someone local.

Have you checked for vacuum leaks anywhere else? Specifically after the MAF sensor.

they are not obd and use a map not a maf

1 Like