Hello from Rockhampton, Queensland

Hi, I had a '99 Charade smiley and a '93 Mira. Both great cars, now I’ve just bought a '96 F2 Charade to turn into a hillclimb, street sprint racer. Would there be anyone else that is in C.Q?

1 Like

welcome to the forum Omar, nice collection there, I am north in Mackay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice to see someone reasonably close. What model do you have Mokeman?

96 G200 Smiley, 94 L200 Mira and just gave my son my g11

1 Like

I forgot, also have a G11 turbo in my back yard.
Like my Dais

2 Likes

Hi mate welcome :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Welby, looking forward to the forum and getting to know some people.

The sad demise of my first G203, Noosa hillclimb Nov 2014.

2 Likes

Welcome back Toby I good to see you back to racing a dai again :slight_smile: I remember you from years ago in daifourm and I rememger that vid too :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing what you do with the f2.

1 Like

Thanks mate, appreciate that. Unfortunately the people done the dirty on me and sold it out from under me, back to looking for a good car.
In a few weeks I’ll ask on here again, looking for a G203 4cyl man in fair nick.

1 Like

Bugger about the accident, what was done to the car?

1 Like

Any pics n info on the g11?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum mate, absolute bugger to see the accident, hope you are well and no effects from it other then a few obvious swear words.

1 Like

It had a DeTomaso 1600cc and box with equal length drive shafts. Ivan Tighe cam and a lightened flywheel. Engine came with a heavy clutch which was new. MoTec M84 ecu. Custom Signature sway bars and custom King springs. Phantom grip lsd, my advice to anyone thinking about buying a Phantom Grip is forget it, not worth the effort. It was fun but needed a turbo. :blush:

No power but nimble and quick through the corners.

Chassis rails pushed sideways approx 3". Bonnet, guards, front apron and radiator supports all bent.

It happened Nov '14 and I am still feeling it. A torn ligament in my left shoulder which can’t be repaired, and a stretched ligament in my right shoulder. At 90kph it turned so quick after glancing off the wall that it scraped the arse of the car on the wall in the same place as the front. It then stopped within 10m from the impact point, 90kph to 0kph in 10m. Fairly violent.

Not much info on the G11. The engine was supposedly rebuilt just before I bought it, it’s been sitting still since 2010. 998cc I think. Found more sting in my G203 so raced it instead.

1 Like