Hello from Texas

I have a Dai S110p stock with slightly larger tires. My biggest issue is the same as everyone else NEED MOE POWA!!! My EF-NS engine has gotten very tired and even more sluggish so I’m in the market for a swap. Tired of being on trail rides down here in Texas and being left behind by quads and side by sides… I would like it to be a straightforward swap because my welding skills are subpar. But I’d like to get more hp and torque. I’ve heard the EJ swaps are pretty straightforward but I don’t know… I would like to stay carbureted to save on cost. Any suggestions or links to previous swaps will be greatly appreciated,

2 Likes

Sorry I meant ED swaps not EJ

2 Likes

Hi Barnone,

A Hijet, cool. Can you go to the all new people section and through up a pic and intro please? That often gets people a bit more familiar with what you are up to and gives some context. I had to think what a S110p was for a bit. The EJ will give a heap more torque from the stroke and from the modern combustion area shape. You could prob put an SU with an diy adaptor on a stock manifold, but you’d still need electric for spark as they have no distributor. The ED will give you the extra stroke, dizzy and carb. More torque than the 660.

Welcome,

Gormsby

Welcome! I’d love some pictures!

Hello Mr_Gormsby, thanks for the feedback. New to the forum so not sure how to upload pics (working on that). Right now I’ve been focusing on trying to find an EF-XL/XS engine but not having much luck. There are a few reputable shops down here but their pricing is outrageous to say the least… I did get advice though that either of those would be a direct fit and provide a substantial boost in power with the turbo. I’m open to all suggestions though. I know a lot of folks get on here and ask questions and then respond like they already have all the answers. Not me… I am pretty good with a wrench but this is my first foray into the kei relm so I am all ears! I love the truck but like I said, I’m good through the tight areas and it does well in the mud but when we hit the open straights, the UTVs leave me in the dust (literally…) Especially in the hills…If I could pick up about 25=35hp I would be happy. Also I’m not oppose to going back with an EF-NS if I can get some good tips on picking up that kind of HP out of one. If I need to start a new thread somewhere let me know.

1 Like

2 Likes

Figured it out guys. It’s been sitting since last Deer season and the Texas heat is doing a number on it… I would like to get it back up and freshend up before Deer season this year.

I’m just now realizing I was all over the place with my op… I wasn’t interested in the EJ series because I didn’t want to go through the extra cost of going from carb to fuelie. My preference is to go with a factory turbo 660 or with a 1 liter and an aftermarket power adder. I’ve seen a couple people use the AMR300 SC with good results. I think that maybe a good option with the 1 liter

The amr300 is a pain. Might be the rights size for a 600cc but I’d say too small for a 1000cc. They produce way too much heat and really aren’t very efficent. I wouldn’t use one without running e85 (85%alcohol). Prob not a concern for you but they are noisy and you may need to run a blow off valve if your throttle body is down stream.