Hello from the NL, G10, G201, M301

hello All,

I just joint the old forum before we switched, so I figure I would reintroduce myself here again.

Some background info: 33 Years old and somewhat infected by the Daihatsu virus.

My first car was a white '94 G200, Added 15"rims and lowered it, no engine mods though, unfortunately the car is no more.

After the G200 I both a silver '06 Sirion 2 sport with 60k km on the clock this was in 2010, currently at 215k km and stil going strong. its also lowered and on bronze 16" rota grid.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AZWrpX75XqOJj92978srNg43QxE7XjA4Kcg-Qz9OAGbTkV8374ZdjZCfgMcIu-VsftPBgTv7P4viJRXKVoeXa4BmbDIe2_LXkViYRmt1LcisZOLHuyPy3sQhvUPe2Oc6-PBZc82ccrqj1dqcOfdrzVdLVxGt553uJPHZTMSQ_9UwQDE5m_m8Lb7wTLsGy9gSuLeLQsTpIH26tZjIr1clN6p-mKp8Jl4C-qy0fPGW8fgV1_72hOQpXMULxNDvVOjSktobb09DROZrhYsK5XHIo2VFHpW4HmRdmSxH03TXJs1muRJOGOeqrIcngKMjE0oJZWy7Up4ZTREVd_xZsP9o1N3-156xF8NgM_6XgsbVc2a9JFsgaTTLYLwOL3TLoyn_F-kx3CoJjhdLimzlKzH61323MgEcql1EBx8F4gUZlVBYR6vr6ZTHfJqt9LCKofia2RQ2CHXGpDr6BQxTmMlLxDCvUDv3PWCdo_Sk-5Z3vobjv6ORAZjaQBgXcsm07krysI8uGxx3dYjuoesbdxODAThGuDjKt3w-KvULW8FGkf4cDrpJEWaASFvDv9jlILFSvlaeR2Swb0Q8Glmw2yjnrRsilWfrClg_lDDchy-BAMLsP_=w1396-h934-no?.jpg

next to the Sirion I have a '82 charade G10 which we used as our wedding car. the car is in need of some works, and I’m thinking of selling her. main reason is that I just don’t have time to do a full restauration on her as I already have a project for restauration.

our wedding car :slight_smile:

Namely an original '94 De Tomaso which is undergoing a full restauration.
this was when I both it, My goal is to bring it back to original, so not so low as here :slight_smile:

I also had a L251 cuore, and a G11 daimatic but is was getting a bit to much (words of my wife not me) so I sold those.

and then as a Daily I drive an Opel Astra station diesel from 2016, not really an interesting car but it does the job.

Regards Grg200

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

welcome to the new forum, love the G10, be a shame to get rid of it but like you said, DeTomaso :heart_eyes:

welcome mate good to see you here. I cant wait to see how the De Tomaso fully restored. Not that many around but in saying that they have been popping up everywhere lately.

Hi mate Detomaso looks good :wink: I’m currently doing the same thing as you pretty much restoring mine to stock.

thanks guys,

I do like the G10, and it was great as a wedding car, but looking at it realistically, I only drove it for 5 km last year thats it. I actually prefer the Sirion 2 over it. And I dont have space or time to do a full restauration on it so I’m hoping to find someone that has that time.

My first car was a G200, and the DeTomaso is the ultimate version of it (for me at least). its the only one in the Netherlands, and as far as I have been able to dig up one of for in Europe.

it is in a bad state, some where in its live it feels like they dragged it behind the ship in stead of on bord, there is a lot of rust.

Small update on the cars, I’m currently making a Car rotisserie for the DeTomaso so its easier to work on the underside.

And with pain in my hart I sold de G10, in the last 2 year we only drove it for approx 15 km and most of that was from and to the winter garage. Found a collector that also own a G11 Diesel, a G200 and a few Rocky’s (7) so it went to a good home and I can now focus completely on the DeTomaso

2 Likes

It is a shame that you had to sell the G10 but good to see it has gone to an enthusiast :slight_smile:

1 Like