Hello from Virginia USA

I kinda hope your right! So if correct then one could rebuild with the taller/higher comp pistons. I’m sure the cam makes a world of difference as well. I have an extra 1.6 i have been contemplating pulling to rebuild and try to squeak out some extra power.

Any thoughts or experience with mix/match 1.6 parts would be greatly appreciated. Might be worth a new topic.

Just run it on the stock Comp for the apple and turbo it. Cheapest and easiest power.

1 Like

I would love to but you would not believe the cost of turbos and superchargers are in the states. Of course there are no premade kits available but even finding a turbo for some other make and adapting it to the Dai is ridiculous! Like more than i paid for the truck! I guess turbos and superchargers are more common on stock motors in other parts of the world so they are plentiful. Here most vehicles are NA so finding a new or even used turbo is $$$$$
Not out of the question just cost prohibitive

Ah. That makes sense.
I know my Italian telos come out here and are like " you guys fuck up your cars by putting turbos and big exhausts on that ruins your economy"
There like "stock cars are the best"
Lol.

Use HC 1.3 pistons in the 1.6 to raise compression to around 11:1, @JC050 will be able to tell you more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just check what octane fuel you have available too before you bang up the Comp but @Mokeman sounds like he’s onto something there.

1 Like

High test 91 is at pretty much every pump here. Never had a vehicle that high but plenty of high comp race quads. 12:1 and never had a problem running 91

12:1 on 91!
How slack is the timing?
I thought the fuels were not as good but geez, 91 is pretty slack. :confused:

Apparently the US displays their octane rating in AKI and Aus uses RON. The two numbers are not directly comparable.

http://www.pencilgeek.org/2009/05/octane-rating-conversions.html

Ah maybe not so bad then.

1 Like

Haha it is like a whole nother world on opposite sides of the pond isn’t it!

1 Like

What type of octane you running in au then? I’m in UK and standard unleaded is 95 and ‘super unleaded’ or “bp ultimate” etc is 99 octane

In the states it is standard 87 midgrade 89 and high test 91

1 Like

91, 95 and 98 RON

1 Like