Hi all from the UK

Hi All,

I / my company was originally contracted by International Motors in 2001 to develop the Daihatsu Sirion Rally 2 and Rally 4 for the UK market. The brief was to improve the performance and handling together with a few luxury upgrades. Late 2002 it was the YRV Turbo that they wanted spicing up into the YRV Turbo 130.

In October 2002 International Motors entered 4 Daihatsu into the Oxford to Athens World Cup Rally. One Cuore, one Sirion 1.3SL and two Sirion Rally 2. A few years ago, I was fortunate to buy S200WRC, one of the WCR Sirion Rally 2. Driven by David Winstanley, as they got to Greece it was lying 1st in class and 3rd overall, until he had a little problem with a Mercedes. I am currently halfway through rebuilding it and will post photos etc. soon.

I look forward to joining you all.

Trevor.

11 Likes

Wow, can’t wait to hear more about this and see some pics. Really interested to get some insight into the original development.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Can’t wait for more news and some pictures :slight_smile: welcome

2 Likes

I would really love to hear more about the development of the Rally 2/4s. Were any other things tried to increase the power of the K3 engine? Exhaust/headers, intake, ECU?
I’ve read that the spring rate for the suspension was increased by 20%, was there any talk of trying to get some of the factory rear sway bars or tuning the spring rates a bit more to increase rear spring rate?
Were they any other things that were talked about or tested that didn’t come into fruition?

1 Like

Wow that’s awesome! Like everyone else here that has replied looking forward to hearing more.

Welcome to livetodai forums :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As you can see from my thread, I own one of the remaining 29 Sirion Rally 2’s in the UK which I’ve spent quite a bit of time recomissioning. Its road legal again but I have some issues with CV joints currently!

Looking forward to hearing about your rebuild, and seeing pics! Also any technical info you are able to share would be very much appreciated I am sure!

1 Like

Hi, I will start a new thread in the next few days.

1 Like

Thank you. I will put some pictures in a new thread in the next few days.

1 Like

Hi, I will go through the development etc. in a new thread soon.

2 Likes

Thank you, new thread coming soon.

2 Likes

Hi, I have the WCR car and another Rally 2 rusty as hell and well beyond rebuilding, both currently SORN.
More info and pic’s to come.

2 Likes

Is the rusty rally2 a breaker for parts for the WCR one?

1 Like

Yes it is. I drove it on the road until it failed an MOT a few years ago.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I can’t wait to see some more of these stories to unfold.

1 Like

Thank you Dale.

2 Likes