Hi Ben from Melbourne Vic here - S76Hijet

Hi, I have just stumbled across and now have a S76 Hijet 4WD that was disused, has 60,000 original on the clock was one owner a farm truck till the clutch packed it in the was parked up, the tray is rusted out but the rest is pretty fair. Owner just wanted it gone.
Put a new battery in it on the weekend and it starts (manual fuel supply) seems fuel pump is dead. This week has been a steep learning curve and I have been looking about for service manuals for S76 Trucks and CB-41 Engines but thus not found any.
I plan to use it to move mulch and dirt around my yard once its going.
Regards
Ben

4 Likes

Wow, cool Dai. Your pragmatic choice of vehicle to move stuff resonates well with me. I have a small excavator and a 4x4 hi jet would complement it really well. Looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing how it goes. So welcome.

Other than the tray its in pretty good nic.
I find it pretty amazing how bad the tray is and how little rust there is elsewhere

7 Likes

welcome mate what a score. If you ever decided to do something with it besides a moving stuff carter then you could make abit of money from it depending how much the resto/tray cost you ofcoarse. These are more sort after now and can sometimes reach a fairly decent price.

Nice find!

I can’t help you with a manual for the truck, but you can find a manual for the CB engine here. It’s not specifically for the CB-41 but they are generally the same. The biggest differences are the sump and oil pick-up tube and possibly the fuel system.

2 Likes

Cheers, thanks for that.

Hello and welcome to the forum, nice little vehicle you have there,.