Hi from Germany Cuore L701

Hi everyone, I’m Stephan. I live in Hamburg but I’m from Chile. I’ve been a fan from JDM car since ever, and own a few Daihatsus before. 2 Daihatsu Rocky, 1 Charade G100 and 1 G20 and now I own a Cuore L701.
The Cuore is really fun to drive and I bought it as a dialy driver. I have it since 2 weeks and I’m starting to make it better. Sound system, left door and wing (old ones got a crash on them and I found from the same color) and maintenance parts.
I recently bought some 14x6 rims from a Proton and want to put 175 50 14 tyres on them.
I the future (max 1 year) comes the engine swap. I’ve seen some projects on this forum and maybe I make some questions later about it.

Cheers :beers:

9 Likes

Welcome! Looking forward to see the progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Stephan, that’s a nice colour you have :smiley:

Welcome. They are a fantastic car. Those wheels have Enkei RPF1 styling and look great.

Thanks for the greetings. I should have the next week the rims. For the tyres I have to wait some money to come in the next month.
Does anybody know if there’s a bushing kit for the shifter? It feels loose, but truly I haven’t even look underneath.

welcome to the forum your L701 looks great and look forward to see what you do with it.

Welcome and I do like that shade of dark green.

Hi again. It’s difficult to get more time these days. I wanted to do R&P on the front diff from my 4runner at Friday, but I was vaccine at Thursday and on Friday I was dead with pain and fiber. Today a bit better, but not to do a differential. Anyways, I make the upholstery for the trunk and speakers with Alcantara. Turns out really great I think. I need to figure out how could I make part of the door panels.

And my new rims arrived. I just have to buy the tyres…maybe the next month.

4 Likes

Hi, I haven’t put the new wheels yet, but I’ve done the apolsthery of the roof and side trims with Alcantara.

I look 100 times better than before.

9 Likes

that looks nice.

1 Like

That looks amazing! I’ve always wanted to do that to my car as well, but now I know I definitely need to do it :star_struck:

1 Like

It definitely worth it. I spend like 4 hours doing it.
I tried the new rims yesterday, and they don’t want to fit on the rear. I have to re think the idea. I can’t and don’t want to return the rims, because I really like them. I’m going to try tomorrow with a few washers to see how much wheel spacer do I need. With a bit o luck just 5mm spacer would do it.

My idea is to put 175/50r14 tyres

Thanks for the good comments :+1:

3 Likes

Pretty common problem on Dais. I had to use an 5mm spacer to get 195/50r15 in my Sirion. However my sister in law, who used to be a engineer for Caterpillar, told me that the rear arms were over engineered and could be ground down to fit the wheels/tyres without a spacer. Never ended up doing it as I found wheels with a better offeset.

2 Likes

I would cut, notch and reweld the arms. In fact I did trim the pinch from and tig welded the two halves as a butt weld.

Thanks for the advice. I thought on doing it and I like it more than the idea of putting spacers. Trimming is going to be the way.

Ok, a few weeks have passed. A little update, the tires are here. Finally I went for 165/55r14, mainly because of the price, they were 100€ cheaper than the 175s.

On Sunday I’m going to fit them in the car.

6 Likes

Wheels are on the Coure. I just grind a little bit on the rear suspension arm. I need now lower springs :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Looks neat! Very OEM+

1 Like