Hi from Tasmania! (and two charades)

Hello everyone. I’m Matty and I have a G202 and G203 Charade. I want to put the engine from the 203 into the 202. I haven’t done much wrenching before, only minor services, so I’m looking forward to learning heaps. I’ll be back later to post some pictures :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Fooze! Welcome. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

1 Like

the G202 is a 2door 3cyl with a cb motor isn’t it?? if so the mounting points etc all has to be cut out of the 4cyl g203 and put into place. the 4cyl wont just bolt in.

1 Like

Ahh, that’s disappointing.

IMG20171210130952IMG20171210131157IMG20171210130915InkedIMG20171210131100_LI

Going by my eyecrometer and a bit of research, it looks like the left(?) engine mount is in the same position, the bottom mount should come from the 203 subframe, and I have to fabricate a right(?) mount. Does this seem correct or am I missing something really obvious.

I’m also trying to get hold of a HE-E workshop manual and not having much luck. Would the HD-E manual be usable?

not 100% sure. i know with the g1XX line it’s completely different. but for sure the motor mounts look the same etc on the ones in the photos. it could be the same. only 1 way to find out i guess.

1 Like

Hi fooze welcome look’s like you got yourself a bit of a project there. Pesronally i would ditch the 4cyl and keep the 3 but that’s just me many other’s prefer the 4’s.

1 Like

@fooze welcome to the forum.
look forward to seeing your projects :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice little car man. I still love the looks of the g200/201/203
There timeless for a hatch I think.
Even the interior layout. (As long as you have the cup holders)
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

The bigger engine is just a bonus. The cup holders were the real reason I tracked down the 203 :stuck_out_tongue:

IMG20171211001807

1 Like

haha yes cupholds are great. i had loads of them for some time.

1 Like

Gosh! How much of a variety do you need to drink?

wait you didn’t have cup holder’s in the g202? The g202 my daughter has is a 97 model same shape as g203 and had cup holder’s.

Well, you’ve got coffee, water, fizzy drink, that fancy Asian tea with the sago balls in it, and a place to keep your pens!

My 202 is a 94, no power steering, no aircon, no dash clock etc, but it has power mirrors!

1 Like

only the g203’s came with dash clocks and not all of them did. Power steering is over rated in charade’s I could have put it on my daughter’s from an f2 too but it went to scrap instead lol. Yeh the 97 one don’t have aircon either I think they are basically a povo pack charade. Cant remember if ours has power windows i will look next time im in it.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: interesting project you have going on there

Sounds like a pretty good project! Looking forward to seeing progress, welcome to the forums mate:+1: