Hi I'm Damif a rusty 1991 Mira l201 owner

Hi all,
Recently got myself my first Daihatsu Mira!! Ive wanted one for so long!
Me and the fiancé just bought a place and we getting married soon so what better time to be spending some money right. :grimacing: :sweat_smile: YEEAA …Im a bad impulse buyer so now i have a beautiful rust bucket 1991 Daihatsu Mira l201 that really wants my money.

the plan:
All i really want to do for now is repair the body work and bring it back to looking like new.
its got a rust hole in the room and around the windshield and some spots here and there. ive started working through sanding evrything back and just painting it for now as i havnt got the time atm to weld up the holes but that will be the plan probably later this year/next.

After bringing it back to beauty i need to get rid of the carby ed10 and from what ive read probably try drop in an ej-de if i can find one.

I have a soft spot for slow cars for some reason its just the idea of trying to make something unique i guess and in my head cheap(probably wont be in the end). I thought this would be a great car to learn how to do pretty much everything i can think of to a car and it was one of my dream little cars since high school.
hope you guys can help me on this journey probably a long and ongoing one.

Here she is:

6 Likes

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Nice choice of car there, easy and fairly cheap to maintain. Enjoy your project

1 Like

Nice. Start with the search function and if you don’t find your answers then we’d be glad to help.