How to control VVT?

Hi guys, we’re currently setting up the ECU Master EMU Classic for my 3SZ, but we can’t get VVT to work. There are two pins on the solenoid (OCV- and OCV+). I believe you can adjust the timing by adjusting the voltage between 0 and 12V so it’s currently PWM controlled. However, we can’t seem to get any response from the VVT, unless we control the VVT like “V-TEC” (or in this case D-TEC). So it’ll just kick in at a certain RPM, no idea at what angle though.

Does anyone have any idea how this should be controlled? The workshop manual isn’t much help either unfortunately.

(btw, it’s a similar solenoid as found on K3’s)

1 Like

I too would like to know this as I have the solenoid for an ejve to put in an ejde. ( I must have a look at my ecu info again though as it has been a while). I believe the dtec should be just like vtec? I always assume so theses days as Mitsubishi has mivec and other cars have different names for VVT. I could be completely wrong though lol

1 Like

Seeing this in a manual, I’m starting to think the same. However, I saw some pictures of a car with mutiple dynoruns at different cam angles (apparently)

1 Like

And this, though it’s for a K3

1 Like

nvm, this makes me think otherwise :joy:

1 Like

yeh that first one was omg Daihatsu why overcomplicate things but then the 2nd pic makes sense with it. I guess it uses everything for the vvt to kick in for more safety measure’s ?

In the Terios J2 manual they kind of ‘sell’ it to you by saying “for optimal performance and fuel economy”, so who knows :joy:

1 Like