Instrument cluster Swop

Hi Peeps.

Whether what I am about to say is “ethical” as the purists believe we shouldn’t mix breeds… I have an instrument cluster from a circa 2002/3 Daihatsu Copen 660cc Turbo!

Due to it having everything I’m looking for in a cluster I am attempting to fit it into my 98’ Toyota Corolla E11 1.3

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this cluster as I want to attempt to make it work.

Thanks for your time.

Jonno

It’s your car make it as pure or as impure as you like. It shouldn’t be too hard to fit it and work it out. It is a nicer looking cluster than the carolla one

1 Like

Thanks evilhighway, it sure is a nicer looking cluster than the corolla. 2 Issues I think I have are… Stock cluster doesn’t have an RPM gauge so how to work out wiring for new gauge RPM counter and the corolla gauge has a speedo cable which plugs directly into the back of the corolla instrument cluster…so will have to work out how to turn that into a signal etc.

1 Like

have a look on the back of both clusters, you might get lucky and they will be marked what does what

2 Likes

Yes go for it. Most of us are more pragmatic as opposed to sentimental.

2 Likes

[quote=“phatjonzo, post:3, topic:3778”]…it sure is a nicer looking cluster than the corolla…[/quote]What isn’t. I sometimes wonder how Toyota could sell so many cars with so much ugliness [quote=“phatjonzo, post:3, topic:3778”]…Stock cluster doesn’t have an RPM gauge so how to work out wiring for new gauge RPM counter and the corolla gauge has a speedo cable which plugs directly into the back of the corolla instrument cluster…[/quote]If your Toyota has an ABS system, that’s where you need to pick up the signal required for the speedometer/odometer.
The Corolla should have a harness connector ready for a tachometer. Daihatsus have such, regardless if any particular vehicle was euipped with one or not

1 Like