Is there any interest in a 1998 Sirion workshop Manual?

Hi Guys,

As i’m sure many first gen Sirion owners are aware it is near impossible to find a workshop manual for our cars.
all the ones I tend to find are for the M300 or are incorrectly labelled as a M100 manual but in fact it links to the M300 one mention before.

The only one I can find for the M100 just happens to be in Russian, which is a language I like but is not one I speak.

I am willing to go though the process and expense of downloading it and getting it translated and to state where I can distribute it.

Any one else keen for a copy???
Of cause I will make a copy available to the Dai family in the workshop manual section, I just don’t want to go though all the hassle and be the only one who uses it.

Any ideas or feedback please let me know.

5 Likes

Definitely interested :slight_smile: the EJ manual i iploaded id missing a couple of important pages

2 Likes

It is still better the nothing, I have also seen a manual that was part of a set handed out to Daihatsu service departments in Japan. 1 on them was for sale a few months back but was super expensive so I passed. Now I know why it was so much after finding out how rare they are.

1 Like

Ok I now have access to the Russian manual in PDF format. From here anyone can use a OCR service on the respective page they might be interested in to convert the image into a word document. From there you use something like google translator to convert it to English.

It works enough to get an idea of what its talking about. But still a long way from perfect.

The information in this Manual is awesome from fully exploded drawings of engines to exact wire pin outs of the ecu.

Below are just a few pics for an example.
p40-1

p61-1

p86-1

I am real excited by this project and will be keeping you all updated.

3 Likes

Awesome work mate, please add a link to the pdf in the workshop section :+1:

1 Like

Type EJ Engine - EFI System.pdf (2.1 MB)
Hi mate, hope this help.

1 Like

Ok so this project will have go on the back burner for awhile. Turns out translating books is very expensive lol, most company’s are asking for thousands and not hundreds like I expected. Last quote was 4000 euro DISCOUNTED. I know I could do it with google translate but sadly do not have the time to dedicate to get it done, I also have a high standards that I cant achieve using a machine.

1 Like

I have some russian friends, I definitely wouldn’t translate the whole thing but if there is anything in particular you need I could probably help out with a paragraph or 2 here and there.

I have a couple of versions of the L700 and L500 workshop manuals I can upload.
EJ
EF-EL
Just joined so can’t access features yet. will try now…
Type EJ Engine Foreword.pdf (156.1 KB)
Edit, ok I uploaded to workshop manual page… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you upload the manual mate?

Mate, it’s been a while… Not sure if i did, or have/had ability to upload. I’ll try upload and get a link

See if these work…
L500-501

Sirion

2 Likes

Brilliant! I’ve been looking for this for ages!

1 Like