K3-VE2 COLD AIR INTAKE

Hows the stock ECU gonna go with higher compression pistons in whats already a high comp engine?

Hi Mr Gormsby, could you please advice me where and what quick rack I should purchase? Also I have read all posts regarding the Sirion/K3 and have also done my own research and could you confirm that a negative 3 degree camber and a 1.5 to 2mm toe in, is a great place to start?
We have also received the upper and lower rear top bars, the lower anti roll bar that was on the rally/Copen and the front stabiliser bar.

We are now searching gor the brackets for the rear sway bar.

Also, does anyone have any detailed plans for a roll cage?

In the L200 I ran an AE86 rack with an MR2 Quaife quick rack kit. They are basically the same the MR2 and AE86 except for the pinion being longer in the former. I altered the rack to fit the K frame, but next time I’d alter the K frame and leave the rack alone. You may have to make hybrid universals for the knuckles on the steering column. Three degrees neg is probably a good start, will depend on other things like the comp you are doing and tires you are using. I would start with zero to. If you bushes are really soft then maybe -1 toe. Under power the static toe setting will become a “dynamic” setting. The wheels pull everything forward towards toeing in. Of course it will toe out under brakes. As a front wheel drive toe out a bit helps it want to turn.

I think you are better off running the right spring rate and leaving only the front std sway bar on. Test and see what it is like one mod a time.

2 Likes

Where did you purchase the bars from?