L2 with a smearing of light discomfort - build

So the sprint day was a blast! managed to just score 3rd quickest on the day but it was really great fun to have a whole track full of daihatsu’s. Since then I did get the adaptronic wired and tuned to 70hp on the rhf4 hybrid on 14psi and e85. Was bucketloads of fun to drive on the street, pretty much on full boost all the time but after the track day I just got hungry for more power.

Tf035 was purchased and I set about making the malaysian manifold and turbo fit inside the bumper. I didn’t manage to achieve this sadly. So now running a tf035, e85 and 15psi the engine puts out 91hp and 98nm. Thats about the limit of the clutch in it as its just starting to slip.

7 Likes

Been a while, How ya goin.

Managed to get an EJ gearbox working in the L2 chassis.
Put behind a 90hp ef/ed It helps so much with topspeed and slow speed traffic. 3rd maxes out at 100kms with the tiny 13s.

Abit of a headache and work to get it working but not impossible.

1. Cut and extended the factory EJ clutch bracket to use the original L2 cable. Also made a 100mm extension for the end of the cable.
  2. Cut and change driveshaft lengths. Shorter shaft needs 25mm taken out. Longer shaft needs 16mm added.
  3. Gear linkage from Sirion was used, Needs slight bending but otherwise bolts straight up (With new mounting holes for shifter)

The recent track day was the real test of the driveshafts which held up perfectly with no vibrations.

Still figuring out how to get the L2 speedo cable to work in the ej box. The od of the speed sender is a different size therefore making the fitment sloppy into the ej gearbox. Will update if I manage to figure it out.

In other news.
Recently competed in the Daihatsu class Lakeside sprint day. Managed to score a 1:11 running low boost due to boost leak that I couldn’t find on the day. Turned out being a intercooler clamp that had stripped (from tension I’m assuming) But with a wiggle it felt tight but actually wasn’t.

5 Likes

I had the same issues with the speedo but I am using an L251 gearbox which may be slightly different. I was able to put the gear from a g202 gearbox in so the speedo cable could screw on and not push on like the L251 style. I thought it would all work but I had to take apart my stock instrument cluster and mate it with the black trxx one I have. Once pulled apart it just didn’t work so I don’t know if it’s the speedo gear or the instrument cluster itself. So to simplify I bought a GPS speedo I am waiting to arrive so I can put that in and not worry about it again.
I was really nervous about your cv shafts to be honest. I have not been skillfully enough to mak any hold and I Know efi mira from years ago had issue’s with having some cut and shut ones also.

1 Like